Adexen is a global Human Ressources Company providing business services in Europe and Africa. We support companies in all industries in the fields of HR, Legal, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Engineering and Supply chain. We know how important people are to business. We also think that "People are the future of Africa"
Our client is a leading Oilfield Equipment, Structural Steel and Marine Structures Engineering and Fabrication Company. Today, the Group plays a leading role in meeting the needs of the Oil & Gas, Telecommunications and Power Industries by supplying products and services to international standards, previously only imported.
- Overall responsibility for articulating and formulating appropriate strategies for the finance function in order to attain the corporate goals and objectives
- Responsible for providing leadership, guidance, overall management of the finance function and implementation of Group’s finance objectives, policies and procedures
- Oversee and drive the finance function’s operational strategy, annual plans and programmes
- Ensure alignment of the function’s strategy with Group’s corporate strategy, goals and objectives
- Identify risks and long-term financial implications of intended corporate projects/ initiatives, and advise the Board accordingly
- Articulate, develop and implement strategies to ensure that funding requirements are proactively anticipated and met at a reasonable cost
- Oversee the process of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key banks and other financial institutions
- Develop and review benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of the various divisions that make up the Group
- Assess and report on trends and opportunities for expansion and make projections for future business growth
- Authorise expenditure/ transactions in line with the organisation’s approved authority limits
- Coordinate timely preparation, consolidation and reporting of monthly and annual financial statements and ensure they reflect the Group’s financial position and comply with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Manage the relationship with external auditors, regulatory bodies/authorities and financial management consultants
- Manage and develop framework for delegation of authority on financial issues and present to the Board for approval
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant financial information for decision making
- Articulate specific strategies for effectively identifying, assessing and controlling financial risks and maintain internal control systems to safeguard financial assets
- Ensure on-going incorporation of leading practices in the operations and activities of the department
- Periodically review key financial activity, management accounts and business performance reports and take appropriate action to ensure the organisation’s business objectives are achieved
- Ensure availability of adequate funding and cashflow management as required for business operations, in line with the Company’s financial policies
- Oversee preparation of financial analysis for contract negotiations and investment decision making purposes
- Manage capital budgeting process; periodically review business valuations and provide recommendations to the Board
- Ensure compliance with taxation requirements and achieve budgeted effective tax rate for the Company
- Establish robust financial controls, systems and procedures as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CFA, CIMA, or other relevant higher business degree
- Minimum of twelve (15) years cognate experience, of which at least four (4) years at senior management level
- Experience in oil and gas, engineering, fabrication, construction or other industrial sectors preferable
- Strong knowledge of project cost accounting, budgeting and budgetary control techniques
- Experience in strategic financial planning and analysis
- Extensive financial and accounting knowledge, including in depth understanding of finance best practices, international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Demonstrable competence in financial management and administrative functions
- Knowledge of tax principles, local tax regime and legislations as well as their implications on the Company’s operations
- Good knowledge of modern financial/ accounting systems/ enterprise resource planning applications
- Strong organisational development skills including business analysis, problem solving, communication, consensus building and people development
- Excellent entrepreneurial orientation.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Excellent business presentation, documentation and analytical skills
- Attractive Expatriate package
go to method of application »
Our Client is recognized as one of the top international management consultancy firms that assist major corporations worldwide with strategy formulation, acquisitions, organizational design and performance improvement.
- Successfully managing an extremely busy and ever changing diary. Proactively predicting when schedules are likely to change and making adjustments where necessary, ensuring all participants are fully informed of all changes. Re-scheduling complex meeting- and travel itineraries at short notice.
- Coordinate sophisticated travel itineraries and administer the timely procurement of visas and other travel documentation. Provide detailed travel itineraries and ensure that relevant business material pertaining to each trip is collated and presented well ahead of time.
- Prioritise and edit all incoming communication, composing responses or redirecting as appropriate, alerting where further action is required and prompting when due. Email, voicemail and telephone calls are used extensively to plan and manage the workload, and it may be necessary to screen all incoming communications, and proactively deal with questions and information requests.
- Build and maintain co-operative relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels both internally and externally. Prudent handling of confidential and highly sensitive information on a regular basis and act as a discreet sound board for the Partner and other colleagues.
- Client development - proactively manage the partner’s client development efforts, including building relationships to get to that important first meeting and beyond. Coordinating preparatory meetings and lunches, dinners and events. Mapping and researching contacts/organisations. Close collaboration with the Partners to discuss which contacts they would like to meet and which topic of discussion is appropriate.
- Update the company's client database fully with all contact data and actions. Maintain Partner’s contact database in Outlook and in the CRM system.
- Coordinate private affairs as required
- During regular communication meetings provide updates for projects, diary appointments, etc.; the managing of their “to do” lists and generally being proactive in thinking about what you can take on in order to leverage their time.
- Support the Manager with travel booking, be mindful and proactive in travel planning and always seek the most economical and time saving choice.
- Case team process support: set up and prepare internal and external meetings. In start-up and closure of a case, set up all team logistics. Be proactive in getting regular updates on the team’s meeting dates, support requirements, travel plans, etc. and check for any changes in plans. Take own initiative when something should need to be changed.
- Participate in team meetings and maintain and update standard meeting materials. Ensure development discussions with all team members are set up
- Manage expenses and time sheets on a monthly basis Additional activities
- Provide support and cover for other EAs/MAs
- Involvement in internal office-wide projects
- Any other duties which are compatible with the main role objective
- Degree level qualification from a reputable university
- 5-7 years’ experience with previous experience of a corporate or professional environment
- Experience in working for a CEO/Partner in a demanding environment, preferably professional services
- Ability to work independently and as an integral member of various teams. Highly motivated; self starter and proactive
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritise assignments, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and deal with highly confidential information
- Computer literate – fully competent in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Flexible attitude and team approach
- Proficient and professional communication and strong organisation and time management skills
- “Can Do!” mentality & positive attitude
- Confident and friendly when communicating with people of all levels
- Pleasant and calm to work with even when under pressure
- Strong organisational skills
- Flexibility regarding working hours
go to method of application »
Our client the world's leading provider of sanitary fittings.
- Responsible for the regional office administration
- Answer phones and transfer to the appropriate staff member
- Take and distribute accurate messages
- Greet public and clients and direct them to the correct staff member
- Coordinate messenger and courier service
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Monitor incoming e-mails and answer or forward as required
- Prepare outgoing mail for distribution
- Fax, scan and copy documents
- Maintain office filing and storage systems
- Update and maintain databases such as mailing lists, contact lists and client information
- Organize travel arrangements for staff
- Coordinate and organize appointments and meetings
- Assist with even planning and implementation
- Monitor and maintain office supplies
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced
- Perform work related errands as requested such as going to the post office and bank…
- Keep office area clean and tidy
- Manage and Update the CRM
- Close monitoring of Petty Cash and related filing.
- Around 3 – 5 years of experience in a comparable position
- Bachelor degree in business administration,
- Fluent written and spoken English & French, good command of other languages to be considered a plus
- Competent computer skills including MS Office or equivalent, internet skills including the use of e-mails, video conferences…
go to method of application »
The CFO is responsible for the formulation of financial strategies and the coordination of plans, budgets and initiatives so that Group business objectives are met, and to lead the development of Corporate Governance policies and compliance.
He will also be responsible for efficient management of the accounting, reporting, treasury, insurance, taxation, information technology and systems and internal control functions for the Company.
He will report to the Managing Director
Responsible for formulation of strategy and policies that direct the affairs of the company
Finance and Accounting:
- Provide and/or oversee the global administration of the company‘s financial activities.
- Responsible for budget and plans realization, update and follow ups
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, integrity and reliability of all financial information and meeting the deadlines.
- Track profit and cash flow performance
- Create Best Practice network
- Select, recruit, train and retain skilled and competent staff with focus on strong succession planning.
- Implementing & managing all financial reporting tools
Treasury, IT and Risk policies:
- Responsible for Bank accounts and Cash management, Tax & Capex procedures.
- Ensure appropriate financial risk, accounting and auditing policies and procedures of the Company.
- Handling overall Taxation matters, Statutory Audits, Internal Audit, Company Law & other
- Oversee the treasury function to ensure cash flow for the business is secured. Act to minimize the financial risk profile of the Company by ensuring that interest and foreign currency risks are well managed and in line with the Group standards.
- Develop Optimized Capital Structures (Debt/Equity Ratios) for the various businesses and develop plans to achieve
- Must hold recognised Accountancy Qualification from one of the major internationally recognized professional institutions
- Must have a minimum 15 years post qualification experience in senior financial management role, of which at least the last 10 years must be in a similar role.
- Technically very strong with credentials in Investment and Treasury Management. Financial/Operational Risk Assessment and Management
- Leader of Best Practices in Financial Management
- Leader of Best Practices in Strategic Thinking and Performance Management
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills when interfacing with other members of Senior Management; Government Officials and Financial/Lending Institutions
- Professional Experience in West Africa will be a plus
Attractive expatriate package
Method of Application
To apply, click preferred job title(s)