At GE Energy, we’re powering potential. Whether it’s our work with gas turbines, smart meters or wind energy, GE’s combination of science and technology is dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into the products and services that solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic, goal-oriented environment, working with the newest and most innovative technologies in the energy industry. Working with us means being a part of our ecomagination initiative and doing more than you ever thought possible to positively affect the future. If you’re a passionate, engaging team player looking to advance your career at a multinational company with an entrepreneurial feel, then join GE in creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.
The Mechanical Engineer will provide planned and unplanned maintenance services to GE Gas Turbines and Process Compressors at Bonny Island CSA site. Provide operational support to customer for trouble shooting, alarm and trip diagnosis through Energy Services Product Services Engineering. Outage planning with customer and CSA site team. Deliver all aspects of Contractual fulfillment in a timely and quality manner. Work for sustained growth opportunities through demonstration as a customer fulfillment agent
The Mechanical Engineer will support the Service Director in the execution of the Agreement. The Mechanical Engineer will take primary responsibility for the management of all mechanical covered equipment. His responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the Field Services, Oil & Gas Services, Repair Services and parts center activities to meet Contractor’s obligations under the Agreement.
- Conduct maintenance planning, pre-Outage, Outage and post-Outage planning activities.
- Assist the customer with regular reviews of maintenance activities.
- Forward and discuss Technical Information Letters (TIL’s) to the customer; plan the agreed upon implementation of any recommendations.
- Respond to the customer’s technical inquiries utilizing GE Contractual Services (GECS) and Oil & Gas technical support services.
- Provide information regarding the latest advancement in Conversion, Modification and Upgrades (CM&U) opportunities to the customer and assist with implementations of any recommendations.
- Work with the customer’s site teams to develop maintenance schedules, which optimize Covered Unit reliability and availability.
- Maintain a maintenance history for the Covered Units.
- Take the lead in diagnosis and resolving maintenance or operational problems on the Covered Units with support of customer’s operation & maintenance staff.
- Perform the on-Site inspection of all Parts (new, used or refurbished) for completeness, correct execution against drawings, damage, etc.
- Provide on the job training of customer's operation and maintenance staff
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
- Minimum 5 - 8 years GE (or equivalent) Technical Experience as Field Service Engineer or Technical Advisor.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience of GE 6B and 7EA Gas Turbine, Generators and Process Application Axial/Centrifugal Compressors.
- Ability to interpret P&ID and other equipment drawings
- Good communicator… able to work effectively internally and externally
- Ability to learn and train/teach internal and external customers
- Confidence / assertiveness with strong influencing skills to generate extra work growth opportunities.
- Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ambiguous situations.
- Continuous improvement mind set,
- Lean outage excellence.
- Sixsigma Greenbelt certified
Method of Application
Click here to apply now