Umaru Musa Yar’adua University hereby announces that the position of the University will be declared vacant on 11th December, 2016 and invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of:
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University responsible to tire Vice Chancellor for tire day-to-day administration of the University.
- The successful candidate will be required to give purposeful professional leadership to staff to ensure efficient and effective professional administrative performance.
Candidate for this post shall:
- Possess a good honours Degree in Arts/Humanities/Social Sciences from a recognized institution, possession of Masters degree is an added advantage;
- Must be a registered member of any professional body;
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten years of which must be unbroken service in the University system;
- Must have attained the rank of a Deputy Registrar, or Its equivalent ma University;
- Show demonstrable evidence of consummate management and leadership passion and drive in previous positions and in addition, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
- Exhibit the ability to be a team leader, who leads by example, has clear mentorship skills and plans:
- Should not be older than sixty (60) years of age upon appointment and should be within the sixty five (65) years retirement age at the expiration of his/her tenure;
- Enjoy strong physical and mental health;
- Possess personal integrity, demonstrate transparency in private and public life, be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff students and other members of the University Community;
- Be proficient ICT and have a good working understanding of communication by internet;
- Must have a good working knowledge of current administrative principles, processes and practices
Terms and Conditions of Service Applicable to the Post
- The Registrar shall hold office for a single term of five(5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Registrar in Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Governing Council of the University.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit fifteen (15) copies of their applications, curriculum vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The curriculum vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Email and Telephone numbers
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked, “Post of Registrar” to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Umaru Musa Yar’adua University,
Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover directly to the Vice Chancellor.
- The Governing Council reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary 4 and/or re-advertise the position should this particular process not yield the desired results.
- This advertisement does not Impose any legal obligation on the University to invite accept or deal In whatsoever manner with any applicant.