Job Vacancy at Universal Careers
Posted on: 15 July, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Universal Careers
Universal Careers is a Human Resource agency founded to help exceptional candidates and international clients who are interested in living and working in the biggest economy in Africa - Nigeria. Good clients and excellent candidates go hand in hand and the mix of the two is absolutely essential for success, it is all about people.
At Universal Careers we are a small team of industry specialists, who are servicing our clients with bespoke HR solutions. No two clients are the same, so our approach to each Client is unique. We have a large network of consultants all-over the world with whom we build teams depending on the client and the specific task at hand.
The Factory Manager will report directly to the General Manager and is primarily concerned with driving continuous improvement and optimisation of all production processes and the daily management and coordination of all plant operations including maintenance, production, and logistics while ensuring compliance with all labour, safety, environmental and corporate policies and regulations.
He will oversee the daily production operations of the plant and ensure that all production assets are efficiently utilized and all applicable regulatory requirements are met/ followed. He will develop production schedules to meet internal goals as well as expectations of customers.
He will act and think as a leader while inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment towards the mission.
- Implement and achieve organization mission
- Ensure the smooth running of factory machines/operations
- Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance and quality.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, factory expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Manage capital asset maintenance.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Control and minimize labour overtime and repair expenses.
- Continuous product improvement (Research and Development)
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Implements and maintains preventive maintenance programs.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant staffs.
- Provides direction, development and leadership to production supervisor.
- Leading the factory staff in ensuring effective execution of discipline which achieves corporate results and ensuring the development/implementation of effective processes, procedures, systems, quality assurance and improvement methodologies at all times.
- Ensuring that the company has the best products people at all levels and leading/ inspiring staff with a clear direction in order to achieve the company’s objectives, goals and targets at all times.
- Overseeing and ensuring performance of company budgets as well as maintaining approval limits as contained in the corporate governance manual of the company
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Requires minimum of 10 years in manufacturing or production services experience; with a minimum of 7 years in a management or related leadership equivalent role within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent Project Management skills and experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong management skills including the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision, strengths in goal setting, delegation, coaching, mentoring and motivating.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Superior organizational awareness.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Problem solver– Brings a problem solving mindset to any challenging situation.
- Exposure with managing a unionized environment.
- Ability to comprehend complex strategic topics and specialized information and multi-task
- Ability to deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations.
- Ability to deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a fast growing organization.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of production plans and strategies.
- Capacity to conceptualize as well as operationalize strategies.
- Experienced at managing diverse and geographically remote teams
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should visit www.universal-careers.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Universal CareersSimilar Jobs
- Chief Financial Officer at KPMG Nigeria
- Learning and Development Associate - Internal Firm Services at PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Jobs at a Biscuit Manufacturing Company - Tusen Consulting
- Fresh Vacancies at Fosad Consulting Ltd
- Sales Executives (Bakery Ingredients) at Ascentech Services Limited
- Current Job Placements at Human Leadership Resources
- Quantity Surveyor at AIM Group Limited
- Current Job Placements at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services