Here at eRecruiterNigeria, we make it happen. Our business is in Talent acquisition, recruitment, outsourcing and everything that revolves around Talent. We have brought innovation to the Nigerian recruitment industry.
Our client was established in 1999. Since their inception they have grown into the largest inbound logistics service provider in Sub Saharan Africa. They offer Clients a world-class integrated logistics service that spans across the supply chain transforming logistics challenges into competitive advantages, providing customized solutions to meet any logistics demand when importing goods into Nigeria. They now have an opening for a Sales Manager.
The Sales Manager is responsible for national key account's import business and performance to Nigeria. Responsible for Sales, Marketing & Business development in Nigeria. Maintain and develop existing container business and secure new inbound/outbound business in Nigeria. Responsible for all market/commercial developments within the Liner operation in the External Sales segment.
- Responsible to achieve country volume and profit target.
- Develop Sales Strategies, planning and budgeting for Nigeria External Sales Executives
- Coordinate/Coach External Sales Executives within regions to ensure the right clients are approached so as to generate volume growth ,increased market share & profitability
- Constantly analyze current market share and compare Company's performance to rest of market
- Monitor market/commodity trends and follow up in ensuring increased profitability as well as 40ft ratio
- Review general Sales Leads and follow up with origin colleagues with focus on Contractual Customer
- Establish call plans and perform sales visits to clients in the Key Client Segment.
- Negotiate and approve Ocean Freight Rates/Service Contracts for import/export Key clients
- Constantly Liaise with Government Regulatory Bodies e.g Nigerian Customs.
- Ensure team members log all client facing activities and opportunities in the CRM(Salesforce.com)
- Any other as instructed/advised by Chief Commercial Director/Senior Management.
- Proven 6+ years Sales Management experience within the Shipping, Container Haulage, Transportation and Logistics industry.
- Strong knowledge of Container/Shipping Line (products and services) is an advantage.
- Has strong knowledge about the local market, competitor and industry trends.
- Demonstrated results performance, leadership and organizational wise.
- Coaches extensively his/her team. Supports individual sales people in target accounts.
- Leverages internal and external relationships to expand business opportunities.
- International experience will be an added advantage.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Business or Logistics related qualifications would be preferred.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Must have a proven track record in similar capacity in Liner Shipping/ Forwarding.
- Achieving significant growth through structured and effective sales management.
- Company targets are achieved (where possible).
Method of Application
To apply, visit eRecruiter Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.