Samuel Adegboyega University is a Faith Based University owned by The Apostolic Church Nigeria LAWNA Territory, located in Ogwa. Esan West Local Government, Edo State Nigeria.
The University received its License from the Federal Government on Monday, March 7, 2011 and graduated its first set of Students in 2015. The University, Samuel Adegboyega University, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the under listed vacant post:
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and is the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- By virtue of his position, the Bursar is expected to coordinate the development and upgrading of the University’s strategic financial management plan.
- The Bursar should be able to coordinate the preparation of periodic income and expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow estimates and consolidation where necessary.
- The holder of the office shall ensure that accurate records are maintained of all assets and liabilities held by the University and be able to monitor monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variances against the budgets among other schedules.
- The Bursar should provide the University Management with appropriate advice on all the institution’s financial transactions.
- Candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life; and be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
Candidate for this post shall:
- Possess a good honours Degree or equivalent in Accounting from a recognized institution, possession of Higher Degree(s) is an advantage;
- Be a qualified member of any professional body such as ICAN, ACCA, ANAN
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience, eight (8) years of which must be unbroken service in the University system: having attained the post of Deputy Bursar will be an advantage.
- Be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
- Not be more than 55 years of age at the time of assumption of office
Salary and Conditions of Service
The salary and conditions of service for the Bursar shall be as obtainable in the Federal Universities in Nigeria.
go to method of application »
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library, its branches and extension and for providing services for the entire University community.
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and is the head of the University’s Library;
- Candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership;
- Possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life;
- And be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff.
Candidates for this post shall:
- Be professionally qualified and be a practicing Librarian;
- Possess a good honours Degree and a PhD or Master's Degree in Library and Information Science or any other discipline relevant to the post from a recognized University, with at least fifteen (15) years relevant post qualification experience, preferably in a University or other institutions of higher learning; having attained the post of Deputy University Librarian will be an advantage.
- Have published papers in professionally refereed journals to merit professional status, as well as possess proven records of sound administrative leadership;
- Be registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN);
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant Computer applications.
- Must not be more than 55 years of age at the time of assumption of office.
Salary and Conditions of Service
The salary and conditions of service for the University Librarian shall be as obtainable in the Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit fifteen (15) copies of their applications, curriculum vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The curriculum vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- EmaiI and Telephone numbers
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of 3 Referees
Application alongside the vision statement if offered the job, should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelope with position applied for boldly marked at the top left hand corner.
Applicants are also expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover to:
Samuel Adegboyega University (SAU),
KM1, Ogwa-Ehor Road,
P. M. B. 001, Ogwa,
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale