At Chemonics, we believe our mission of helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives is driven by our commitment to service—service to our mission, to our beneficiaries, to our clients, and to our staff.
From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners, and beneficiaries face difficult challenges, from political instability to limited healthcare to a lack of market infrastructure. We have helped them overcome those challenges by working together to find and implement innovative projects that achieve development impact.
Chemonics seeks a finance and operations director to join USAID's anticipated Nigeria Power Sector Program. The finance and operations director will work closely with the chief of party and Chemonics' home office to oversee local finances and budgeting and ensure the project complies with all administrative and financial reporting requirements. They will also be responsible for all aspects of field operations management, including property management, personnel, procurement, recordkeeping, and travel and logistics. This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.Responsibilities Include
- Oversee financial management and accounting administration
- Supervise operations activities
- Draft financial guidelines and policies, as well as monthly reports
- Manage field staff, including the monitoring and evaluation manager, communications manager, grants manager, and finance manager
- Coordinate logistics for travel, property management, and other ad hoc needs
- Liaise with local banks and financial officials
- Take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience supervising project operations, including human resources, procurement, subcontracts or sub-awards, and accounting and finance
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage large budgets, with an in-depth knowledge of the U.S. government's (particularly USAID's) cost accounting standards
- Experience setting up accounting and finance functions for large USAID projects strongly preferred
- Experience managing locally hired personnel
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral, and written communications skills
- Demonstrated supervisory, collaboration, and team-building skills
- Previous work experience in sub-Saharan Africa and knowledge of Nigeria's operating environment, including registration, taxes, and labor law, preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent written and spoken English
Method of Application
Send electronic submissions to PAXops@chemonics.com by July 19, 2016. Please include "finance and operations director" in the subject line. This position is based in Abuja, Nigeria, and is open to all qualified Nigerian national citizens. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only "finance and operations director" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale