PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) - The Federal Government of Nigeria through the Federal Ministry of Finance is setting up a Development Finance Institution with an objective to increase the availability and access to finance for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) through eligible financial intermediaries.
Our Client is setting up a Development Finance Institution (DFI) with an objective to increase the availability and access to finance for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) through eligible financial intermediaries. PwC has a mandate to help identify competent and credible persons who will function in various capacities.
Roles & Responsibilities
Overall Function of the Position:
- The Independent Director is a non-Executive Director who is a key Board Member of the Bank.
- The Independent Director will offer independent judgement as well as necessary scrutiny to the proposals and actions of the management and executive directors especially on issues of strategy, risk management, performance evaluation and key appointments.
Specific Duties of the Position:
- Provides advice, judgement and feedback to other members of the Board on business planning and the Institution’s strategy
- Supports, in collaboration with other board members establishment of clear objectives for delivering and achieving strategic and business plans and participates in setting challenging objectives for improving organisational performance
- Provides an external perspective to constructively challenge and analyse the development of the Institution’s strategy
- Ensures that financial information is accurate and that financial controls and risk management systems are robust and defensible
- Adopts an oversight role, ensuring that the corporate assets are used only for the Institution.
- Participates in:
- Providing entrepreneurial leadership to the institution and sets strategic goals and objectives
- Ensuring that the necessary financial and human capital are in place for the institution to meet its objectives
- Establishing a framework of prudent and effective controls which enables risk to be assessed and managed
- Reviewing the performance of Board members and Senior Executives
- Setting the institution’s values and standards, and ensures that obligations to stakeholders and others are understood and met
- Succession planning and the appointment, training, remuneration and replacement of board members and senior management
- Overseeing the maintenance of the Institution’s communication and information dissemination policy
- Ensuring that the Board operates in line with accepted good corporate governance culture
- Works with other Directors to ensure that objective decisions are taken in the interest of the institution
- Acts as a check and balance on the acts of the Board and management of the Institution
- Examines anything which has the appearance of being amiss in the Institution.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum of a Master's Degree in any business related discipline
- Relevant professional qualifications preferably in a business related discipline
- Minimum of 20 years post-graduation experience, with at least 10 years in Senior or Executive Management position.
- Highly credible with experience of operating at senior level within an organisation with significant budgets/complexity gained in the private or public sector
- Knowledge of the relevant laws and regulations guiding the industry
- Must not be a politically exposed person
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of Code of Corporate Governance
- Strategy Planning and Development
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Entrepreneurial Orientation
- Knowledge of Organizational Dynamics and Business Process
- Financial and Business Management
- Networking, Relationship & Stakeholder Management
- Leadership and People Management
Method of Application
To apply, visit PwC Career Page