Mass Staffing Projects, Our client, a reputable Real Estate Development Company, is looking to hire for the following positions:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Real Estate, Urban Planning or related field or equivalent and commensurate experience.
- 1- 2 years of experience in project management, design, urban planning, real estate, property management or construction.
- Flexibility and willingness to do a variety of tasks. Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, MS Project).
- Ability to perform a variety of duties and responsibilities with consistent accuracy, attention to details, and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
- Must take initiative, analyze assignments, identify sub-tasks, prioritize, and keep various assignments moving simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and financial management skills; working knowledge or experience with city programs, public funding sources, public policy, design, property management and/or construction of real estate.
- Energetic, organized, and highly motivated person with ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Your duties will include:
- Provide full complement of support to the Real Estate Development Director in implementing multi- pronged, place-based real estate development strategy throughout all project phases (site acquisition, contracts, programming, design, financing, construction, leasing/marketing).
- Provide accurate documentation, reporting, and data collection to ensure compliance of grants and/or public-private partnerships.
- Assist with writing and assembling RFPs for property disposition strategy and administration.
- Coordinate efforts with Real Estate Development Director and the Property Manager to ensure maintenance issues are being addressed on all real estate owned.
- Work closely with the Real Estate Development Director on policy development, financial analysis, property management, and administrative support.
- Maintain informed and productive relationships with all subcontractors including architects, general contractors, owner’s rep, legal team, and property managers. Assist in overseeing their work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Architecture
- At least 7 years' experience, with at least 5 on luxury developments
- PMP Preferred
Your duties will include:
- Commissioning, organizing and assessing the work of contractors.
- Identifies trends in the industry, locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential clients while discovering and exploring new opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Working with detailed diagrams, plans and drawings using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project;
- Negotiating and developing project contracts and agreeing with clients when working as consultants, and putting out tenders.
- managing and forecasting expenses, using whole life cycle costing techniques, ensuring that work is kept to budget and energy efficient systems are implemented;
- designing site-specific equipment as required;
- overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures;
- monitoring building systems and processes;
- making decisions about expired systems equipment and the appropriate location of new equipment;
- liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors and in-house project teams;
- attending a range of project group and technical meetings;
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements.
- Working on a variety of projects within a short period of time.
- BSc/HND in Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in the construction management of residential building projects
- Proven working experience as a project engineer
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisations software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Current engineer licence
- Time management and organisation skills
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
- Assign responsibilities and mentor project team
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 5 years on Building projects
- The individual should be able to offer advice in the planning, co- ordination and supervision of technical aspects of construction projects.
- Managing parts of construction projects
- Overseeing building work
- Undertaking surveys
- Setting out sites and organising facilities
- Supervising contracted staff
- Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Providing technical advice
- Problem solving
- Ordering and negotiating the price of materials
- Ensuring site safety
- 5 – 8 years minimum experience in similar position in a reputable organization
- Good Judgment
- Showing logical decision making and a hands on approach.
- BSc or HND in Quantity Surveying
- A minimum of 7 years' experience on large building projects, including high-rise buildings.
- A Bachelors degree in Engineering or a National Higher Diploma in Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience and must have worked on site for a construction company for at least 5 years.
- Candidates must have supervised the construction of a minimum of one 10-storey building or two projects valued at 1Billion Naira each as a site engineer for a construction company.
- Must have the capacity to manage site engineers on more than one project simultaneously.
- Must thoroughly understand the intimate details of building construction.
In addition to the academic qualifications and experience required for the position, please ensure that the prospective candidate can:
- Use leveling instrument
- Set out buildings
- Align columns both horizontally and vertically
- Check plastering gauge and plastered walls to ensure they are plumb
- Check formwork alignment and bracing
- Interpret structural details
- Understand concrete work and do concrete trial mixes
- Check block work
- Resolve all issues that may arise during tiling – tile sizes, spacing, straightness, squaring etc.
- Interpret building services drawing Understand roof trusses, roof covering, felting and other roof related issues
- Resolve quality issues related to doors and windows – profile types, mitre, wood type etc
- Resolve conflict at the project site, manage suppliers and supervise subcontractors.
- Use planning software e.g. MS project, Design software e.g. AutoCAD etc
- Mobilize human resources like carpenters, masons, tillers etc to project site.
- Construct leak-proof underground water retaining structures e.g. tanks, swimming pools etc.
- Construct concrete roof, balconies, roof gutter etc. that are leak proof.
A growing construction firm in Nigeria is looking for a Construction Site Engineer with extensive concrete experience.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, or a Diploma in Civil Engineering and more than 7 years' experience on concrete projects.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering and be proficient in using AutoCAD, Revit, Dialux, ecodia etc. for design and modeling and be COREN and NSE Certified.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Building Systems and infrastructure projects as well as knowledge of IEE and BS standards.
- Must have knowledge and experience in designing Light Systems, Power systems, extra low voltage, BOQ, specification, site supervision and tendering.
- Must be hard working, smart with ability to work under pressure.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below