Mass Staffing Projects, Our client, a reputable Real Estate Development Company, is looking to hire for the following positions:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Real Estate, Urban Planning or related field or equivalent and commensurate experience.
- 1- 2 years of experience in project management, design, urban planning, real estate, property management or construction.
- Flexibility and willingness to do a variety of tasks. Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, MS Project).
- Ability to perform a variety of duties and responsibilities with consistent accuracy, attention to details, and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
- Must take initiative, analyze assignments, identify sub-tasks, prioritize, and keep various assignments moving simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and financial management skills; working knowledge or experience with city programs, public funding sources, public policy, design, property management and/or construction of real estate.
- Energetic, organized, and highly motivated person with ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Your duties will include:
- Provide full complement of support to the Real Estate Development Director in implementing multi- pronged, place-based real estate development strategy throughout all project phases (site acquisition, contracts, programming, design, financing, construction, leasing/marketing).
- Provide accurate documentation, reporting, and data collection to ensure compliance of grants and/or public-private partnerships.
- Assist with writing and assembling RFPs for property disposition strategy and administration.
- Coordinate efforts with Real Estate Development Director and the Property Manager to ensure maintenance issues are being addressed on all real estate owned.
- Work closely with the Real Estate Development Director on policy development, financial analysis, property management, and administrative support.
- Maintain informed and productive relationships with all subcontractors including architects, general contractors, owner’s rep, legal team, and property managers. Assist in overseeing their work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Architecture
- At least 7 years' experience, with at least 5 on luxury developments
- PMP Preferred
Your duties will include:
- Commissioning, organizing and assessing the work of contractors.
- Identifies trends in the industry, locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential clients while discovering and exploring new opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Working with detailed diagrams, plans and drawings using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project;
- Negotiating and developing project contracts and agreeing with clients when working as consultants, and putting out tenders.
- managing and forecasting expenses, using whole life cycle costing techniques, ensuring that work is kept to budget and energy efficient systems are implemented;
- designing site-specific equipment as required;
- overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures;
- monitoring building systems and processes;
- making decisions about expired systems equipment and the appropriate location of new equipment;
- liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors and in-house project teams;
- attending a range of project group and technical meetings;
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements.
- Working on a variety of projects within a short period of time.
- BSc/HND in Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in the construction management of residential building projects
- Proven working experience as a project engineer
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisations software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Current engineer licence
- Time management and organisation skills
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
- Assign responsibilities and mentor project team
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 5 years on Building projects
- The individual should be able to offer advice in the planning, co- ordination and supervision of technical aspects of construction projects.
- Managing parts of construction projects
- Overseeing building work
- Undertaking surveys
- Setting out sites and organising facilities
- Supervising contracted staff
- Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Providing technical advice
- Problem solving
- Ordering and negotiating the price of materials
- Ensuring site safety
- 5 – 8 years minimum experience in similar position in a reputable organization
- Good Judgment
- Showing logical decision making and a hands on approach.
- BSc or HND in Quantity Surveying
- A minimum of 7 years' experience on large building projects, including high-rise buildings.
- A Bachelors degree in Engineering or a National Higher Diploma in Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience and must have worked on site for a construction company for at least 5 years.
- Candidates must have supervised the construction of a minimum of one 10-storey building or two projects valued at 1Billion Naira each as a site engineer for a construction company.
- Must have the capacity to manage site engineers on more than one project simultaneously.
- Must thoroughly understand the intimate details of building construction.
In addition to the academic qualifications and experience required for the position, please ensure that the prospective candidate can:
- Use leveling instrument
- Set out buildings
- Align columns both horizontally and vertically
- Check plastering gauge and plastered walls to ensure they are plumb
- Check formwork alignment and bracing
- Interpret structural details
- Understand concrete work and do concrete trial mixes
- Check block work
- Resolve all issues that may arise during tiling – tile sizes, spacing, straightness, squaring etc.
- Interpret building services drawing Understand roof trusses, roof covering, felting and other roof related issues
- Resolve quality issues related to doors and windows – profile types, mitre, wood type etc
- Resolve conflict at the project site, manage suppliers and supervise subcontractors.
- Use planning software e.g. MS project, Design software e.g. AutoCAD etc
- Mobilize human resources like carpenters, masons, tillers etc to project site.
- Construct leak-proof underground water retaining structures e.g. tanks, swimming pools etc.
- Construct concrete roof, balconies, roof gutter etc. that are leak proof.
A growing construction firm in Nigeria is looking for a Construction Site Engineer with extensive concrete experience.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, or a Diploma in Civil Engineering and more than 7 years' experience on concrete projects.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering and be proficient in using AutoCAD, Revit, Dialux, ecodia etc. for design and modeling and be COREN and NSE Certified.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Building Systems and infrastructure projects as well as knowledge of IEE and BS standards.
- Must have knowledge and experience in designing Light Systems, Power systems, extra low voltage, BOQ, specification, site supervision and tendering.
- Must be hard working, smart with ability to work under pressure.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.