Jobs at The IoD Centre for Corporate Governance
Posted on: 12 July, 2016
Deadline: 26 July, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The IoD Centre for Corporate Governance (the Centre), a registered non-profit organization committed to improving and promoting good corporate governance standards in Nigeria through advocacy, research publication and high quality training seeks the services of competent professionals to fill the position below:
What We are Looking for
- An experienced and versatile intellectual professional with strong research and analytical skills excellent writing skills with a start to finish attitude and ability to integrate research to business environment and needs to head our research and publications department.
- The right candidate must have strong editorial capacity and a result-oriented disposition.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree (research-based Masters)
- First degree in Law, Economics, Journalism, Business, Social Sciences or other relevant field
- MinImum 7 to 15 years’ experience in similar/relevant functions.
- Suitable candidates must possess the following attributes;
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Strong research and publications background
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to manage timelines.
- Applicants must possess a strong start-finish attitude.
- Candidate must be able to initiate/develop research ideas and write convincing proposals
- Ability to produce high quality research publications that will contribute to the Centre’s objective of inculcating and acculturating core principles of corporate governance in the Nigerian corporate hemisphere.
- Bias for Corporate Governance research will be an added advantage
- Ability to identify and attract research funding will be an added advantage.
go to method of application »
What We are Looking for
- An experienced programmes and membership marketing professional to drive the Centre’s membership and corporate governance programmes and initiatives within the nation’s corporate environment and deliver value to our members as well as programmes for trainirtg participants and to market t he Centre’s journals and other publications.
- This will involve interfacing with organizations and individuals and building a deeper understanding of our missions and objectives.
- The suitable candidate will be able to build relationships with business leaders, recognise/convert opportunities and have a credible start to finish record.
- The individual will need to demonstrate he/she can be pro-active In initiating and organizing different corporate governance programmes, trainings, workshops, advocacy sessions, etc.
- TIne person should also have demonstrable selling and marketing ability.
- Champion the Centre’s programmes and membership department effectively
- Develop, manage and market corporate governance programmes, workshops. trainings, advocacy sessions, etc.. to public and private sectors including not for profit organisations.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 7 to 15 years’ experience in similar functions
- First degree in law, economics, business, finance or other relevant field.
- Master’s degree (preferably an MBA)
- Minimum 7 years strategic marketing or business development experience.
- Excellent Written and verbal communication
- Strong internal and external client engagement and stakeholder management skills
- Strong people management skills and team leadership
- Extensive and proven business management skills
- Good problem solving ability and a proactive working style
- Applicants with corporate governance bias will have an added advantage.
Essential Attributes for this Role:
- Strong business to business marketing skills and experience
- Experience working with client relationship management systems
- Experience in initiating/facilitating ideas with a start-finish perspective.
- A track record of developing and managing strategic business development programmes
- Ability to work ma technical environment
- Able to work collaboratively with individuals from multiple organizations and industries
- Candidate must be business oriented with an initiate and finish ability.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at The Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED)
- Programmes Director - Nigeria at Amnesty International
- Psychologist at Neem Foundation
- Consultant at the Bureau for Institutional Reform and Democracy (BiRD)
- Job Opportunities at Crown Agents
- IT and Communications Assistant at AS Operations West Africa Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- ICT Assistant at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)