Jumia is the leading e-commerce player in Africa. Founded in 2012 in Nigeria, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience.
Jumia is part of Jumia Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialised in e-commerce. Jumia Group is Africa's leading internet firm, with already over 10,000 employees in over 28 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Food, Jumia House, Jumia Car and Jumia Travel. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Rocket Internet, Orange, Axa, Goldman Sachs & Millicom.
Jumia Summer Internship
The Jumia Internship Program is designed to attract top students from Universities in Nigeria and across the globe. Our aim is to help orchestrate your transition from student to business professional. The general perception of interns sitting around and making copies or working in a back-office environment doesn’t apply here. As an intern with Jumia you would have a hands-on experience in whatever department you decide to work in; every intern would have projects assigned to him/her to work on for the duration of the program.
What we offer
We hope to expose you to best practices of working in a fast paced, professional startup environment. In return, we hope you come with hunger and insatiable appetite to learn the inner workings of the E-commerce industry and prove you have what it takes to succeed in this environment. This will be challenging experience for you, but you will enjoy it all the way.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must have a strong desire to learn and receive coaching from time to time
• Must have a passion for the E-Commerce Industry
• Must possess strong leadership and entrepreneurial acumen.
Qualification & Experience
• Current enrolment in any recognized and accredited University
• Experience working with a relevant team/ group on a short term project
• Basic knowledge of the E-commerce industry is required.
To apply, visit Jumia Career Page