Linking the Youth of Nigeria through Exchange (LYNX-NIGERIA), founded in 2004, is a child and youth development organization with a mission to develop socially responsible citizenship among Nigerian children and youth through:civic and human rights education, financial education and economic empowerment community service learning.
LYNX-NIGERIA aims to reverse the trend of youth disengagement from society by increasing their self-esteem through critical reflections on history, building a sense of democratic consciousness and practicing the art of servant leadership. Participants in our programs learn the values of tolerance and respect and the importance of individual and collective contributions to the development of strong communities and a more developed nation.
The first LYNX Youth Leadership Camp took place in August 2001 at the NYSC Camp in Nyanya, Abuja. Leadership Camps have been held in 2001, 2002, 2004, 2007, 2011 and 2012.YECAP, as a ten month programme was developed in 2004 and supported by the Open Society Initiative West Africa (OSIWA) from 2004-2008. Empower Foundation came on as a supporter in 2011 and is supporting the programme in Kaduna state till date
- The Deputy Director will work closely with the Executive Director to carry out the following duties:
- Support the role and function of the Executive Director
- Manage partners relationships and build new networks and partnerships
- Supervise management staff and ensure quality delivery of outcomes across all units
- Delivery of organization’s strategy, goals and objectives
- Initiate and lead advocacy and policy initiatives for the organization
- Provide leadership and direction for staff, setting an effective agenda and ensuring performance goals are set and met
- Represent the organization to the public, key stakeholders and business partners
- Lead fundraising and donor management, business development and partnership activities
- Expand and promote the LYNX brand to external stakeholders
- Expand the scope of LYNX partnerships and public relations
- Manages donor relationships including reporting
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
- The Deputy Director position is a three year renewable contract with LYNX-NIGERIA.
- Demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Masters Degree in Social Science, Management or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years experience in the social sector with increasing responsibility
- NYSC discharge certificate or equivalent
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Impeccable writing and verbal skills
- Well read with knowledge of Nigerian, African and world history and geography with understanding of the importance of culture and tradition
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Strong public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills who can prepare concise reports
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Strong working knowledge of ICT and social tools
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Highly organized, dedicated and hardworking, willing to go the extra mile to ensure excellence
- Passion for Nigeria’s development
- Ability to travel within Nigeria and internationally (up to 30%)
- Previous experience in youth and social development work
- Proven experience with donor and partner management
- Experience of programme planning, management, monitoring and implementation
- Experience with managing EU, DFID or USAID grants will be a plus
- Proven leadership, coaching and relationship management experience
LYNX is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Salaries & Benefits:
Salary is for the social sector and commensurate with experience. Other benefits include opportunities for international travel, training and development.
Method of Application
Interested candidates, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by July 15th. Interviews will be held the week of July 18th. Expected start date is September 1st, 2016.