If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Adexen is a global Human Ressources Company providing business services in Europe and Africa. We support companies in all industries in the fields of HR, Legal, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Engineering and Supply chain. We know how important people are to business. We also think that "People are the future of Africa"
Our client is one of the world’s leading multinational chemical company.
- Provide input in respect of the overall annual communications,advocacy & governmental relations strategy, communications plan and budget for Corporate Communications for West Africa.
- Responsible for crisis communications for West African countries - all in close cooperation and alignment with Head of Communications and the West African Country Cluster Head
- Develop a CSR Strategy & Communications plan (incl. budget proposal) for the Country Cluster East Africa in line with the CSR policy.
- Responsible for Internal Communications input and implementation for the Country Cluster West Africa and specific internal communications tasks acrosss Africa, pro-active contribution to intranet (relaunches), internal publications, plasmas, on-line reporter, events etc.in alignment with Head of Communications Africa.
- Support for the Country Cluster West Africa‘s internet page, articles, possible corporate events, social media (FB/Twitter for Africa) profiling of local key personnel ie. Country Cluster Head, Market Area Head as well the organisation.
- Marketing Communications will be part of the service portfolio, incl. Project management & budgeting
- A completed University degree (or equivalent) in BCom Communications or BCom Marketing/Journalism degree,
- Minimum of 8 years of working experience in public relations, project management and marketing communication, preferably both in an agency and in-house
- Experience in working in Communication/PR for a multinational company is essential.
- Must be fluent speaking and writing English, German will be an advantage.
go to method of application »
Our client is a Pan African service provider at the forefront of Internet Protocol-based technologies and they build solutions and services tailored to the increasingly complex demands of organisations across the enterprise, public sector, global carrier and growing small-to-medium business sectors.
- Ability to define, in conjunction with the Board, the strategy for the company and updates thereof, taking cognisance of the wider Group strategy
- Formulation of proposed investment plans to support and implement the strategy in conjunction with the CFO.
- Formulation of budgets and operational tactics to execute the strategy and investment plans in conjunction with the CFO
- Be continuously aware of market and wider environment circumstances and developments which inform the definition of the strategy, investment plans, budgets and tactics and keep the board updated on such developments
- Effectively communicate the strategy and tactics to the exco and wider staff to attain alignment and execution
- Select and appoint (in consultation with the board), lead and manage, encourage and retain the senior executive team of the company
- Be responsible for the overall profitability of the business in conformity with defined and agreed budgets.
- Ensure the company conducts its business and the CEO conducts himself/ herself in a most ethical manner at all times
- Live by and promote the company's values in the business
- Manage the relationships of the company with important stakeholders, including the Regulator, Government and shareholders
- Ability to work closely with the Sales Executive and other senior executives to spearhead continued and meaningful sales growth within the business (existing and new clients and existing and new products) and ensure appropriate visibility and control of churn
- Participate in the acquisition and retention of strategic and large clients of the business and promote “solution selling” by the company
- Build personal relationships with key customers and ensure a suitably diverse relationship web exists with the client across the company commensurate with client size and importance.
- The ability to network at senior levels of Nigerian business to both promote the business and generate high value opportunities
- The ability to define and communicate an appropriate strategy for the business
- Demonstrate leadership to drive the implementation of the strategy
- Significant local business network
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to engage with people
- Held similar senior role for at least 5 years
- Creative and imaginative with strong ability to envision how the business could be changed to effect continuous improvement
- Results focused and motivated to achieve objectives
- Makes balanced decisions quickly and intelligently
- Pro-active problem solving style
- Provides leadership
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage an implement a broad strategic agenda simultaneously
- Flexibility in a fast changing environment and willing to “roll up his/ her sleeves” when required.
- Financial knowledge sufficient to interpret monthly management account results and financial trends and implications
- Advanced business qualification desirable
- Reasonable industry relevant technical understanding helpful but not essential
Method of Application
To apply, click preferred job title(s)