UHY Maaji - We are Partners to a Europe based Packaging Equipment manufacturing company for the Food and Beverage industry. To service our customers within Nigeria and possibly other West/Central African Countries, we require the service of the vacant position below:
1.) Provide support to supervisors and staff to develop the skills and capabilities of staff
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place
- Provide advice and assistance with writing job descriptions
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations
- Identify training and development opportunities
- Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities
- Process employee requests for outside training while complying with polices and procedures
- Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles
- Provide advice and assistance in developing human resource plans
- Provide staff orientations
- Access funding for training and write proposals
2.) Monitor staff performance and attendance activities
- Monitor daily attendance.
- Investigate and understand causes for staff absences.
- Recommend solutions to resolve chronic attendance difficulties.
- Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles.
- Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
- Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of services.
- Inform affected staff or residents of unexpected absences from work and coordinate actions ensuring the continuity of services such as cancellation of events and locating keys.
3.) Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff
- Provide advice and assistance to supervisors on staff recruitment
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
- Schedule and organize interviews
- Participate in applicant interviews
- Conduct reference checks on possible candidates
- Prepare, develop and implement procedures and policies on staff recruitment
- Conduct exit interviews
4.) Provide information and assistance to staff, supervisors and Council on human resource and work related issues
- Develop and implement a human resources plan and personnel management policies and procedures
- Promote workplace safety.
- Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits systems
- Research and monitor human resource systems in other organizations within the community.
- Explain and provisions of the personnel policy.
- Explain employment standards and legislation such as workers compensation, labour standards and Fair Practice Act.
- Organize the transitional provisions of employee compensation, pay and benefits when positions are transferred or new positions are funded through contribution agreements and other special funding arrangements.
- Arrange for the repairs of computers and other office equipment and assist with organizing staff to carry out work due periods of equipment shutdowns.
- Attend Council meetings to provide information, when necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application and CVs to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.