If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
With more than 380,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100—and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries around the globe, Oracle offers an optimized and fully integrated stack of business hardware and software systems. Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center–from servers and storage, to database and middleware, through applications.
This position will be responsible for the leadership and development of teams, products and services within the Global Physical Security Operations (GPS) operations line of business, with specialized functional expertise in the area of Regional Operations, Regional expertise, Guard force oversight, crisis management programs, risk assessments, incident response and investigations, event security and more. The qualified candidate will report directly to Director, Global Physical Security Operations, EMEA. This position will be specifically responsible for the development of strategic programs & processes associated with the regional operations business in Sub Saharan & Southern Africa, cross functional relationship with peers and stakeholders and support of all regional security requirements. The physical security operations team is the primary interface with all clients, and ensures that client needs and expectations are met with high quality, industry standard programs and services.
- Must have a minimum of 8-10 years of industrial security experience, combined with a minimum of 5 years of management and leadership experience.
- Strong understanding of industry specific legislations and compliance requirements.
- Extensive experience in either law enforcement, military or other safety & security programs to support knowledge and competencies described above. Proficient with all basic Microsoft computer software programs and communications techniques. Ability to communicate and articulate with a high level of proficiency in both the written and verbal format.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY, IMPACT OF DECISIONS AND DEGREE OF SUPERVISION:
- The GPS Operations Regional Manager’s scope of responsibility will be regional in nature, with area and country deployed resources reporting directly to this position.
- Decision impact is high and degree of direct supervision is minimal.
- This is a mid to senior level position with a high degree of responsibility and strategic impact on the business function.
- This position will report directly to the Director Global Physical Security Operations, EMEA, and function under limited supervision.
PROCESSES AND METHODOLOGY USED TO PERFORM JOB:
- This position will develop strategy, lead teams and resources to successful performance.
- Conduct analysis of business needs and identify programs & services required to meet those needs.
- The successful candidate will provide education and professional development guidance to teams, managers, clients and other resources as required.
- This position requires extensive travel throughout the region and other locations within Sub Saharan Africa on a routine basis. International travel is expected.
- This position requires positive partnership skills, effective communications, and positive human relations in business capabilities
- This position must be able to perform the full range of very strategic business planning objectives, to very tactical process, procedure and business analytics capabilities
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Industry certifications are preferred, but not required.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Provides security services on company premises.
- Responsible for security in a specified facility or region.
- Conduct theft investigations. Provide security for sensitive exit interviews.
- Act as liaison between company and law enforcement agency.
- Implement corporate security policies and procedures.
- May be responsible for managing contract guard personnel.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Other Locations: KE-KE,Kenya-Nairobi
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Method of Application
To apply, visit Oracle Career Page