Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group is an international investment and holding company with over three decades of experience in building sustainable businesses in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), agriculture, agro-allied, healthcare, chemicals, real estate and oil and gas in 12 countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin, Morocco, UAE, India, South Africa, China etc. with an over 9,000 multicultural workforce.
Overall accountability of Finance & Accounts function with specific focus on business strategy, investment plans, developing portfolio strategy, setting operational direction, reviewing and evaluating operating mechanisms
- Providing leadership to Finance & Accounts and IT function at group level.
- Responsible for making strategic decisions, investment plans, financial planning/budgeting, developing financial aspects of 3 – 5 years Annual Operating Plan (AOP), capital expenditure plan and cost control including P & L responsibility for all group Companies.
- Making strategy to manage the working capital with the clear mandate to improve the trading cycle and reduce the finance cost.
- Responsible for Business Intelligence (BI) by integrating cross-functional business activities and transactions thru’ IT solutions. Designing IT strategies and infrastructure/services plan for the Group.
- Forecasting the funding requirements, assess its impact on the Balance Sheet and cash flow, monitoring bank borrowings limits and information circulation to bankers.
- Financial planning of new projects (Capex, acquisitions, new products, expansion, etc).
- Reviewing and analyzing Internal Audit observations and deciding corrective actions on it.
- Analyzing Balance Sheets, P & L accounts of all group Companies and submitting it to GMD.
- Setting and monitoring Finance & Accounts and IT functions goal and objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Enhancing and monitoring the Internal Audit policies and procedures of the group.
- Coordinating surprise audits.
- Monitoring currency exposure and the currency risks.
- Monitoring Finance & Accounts functions of all group Companies including MIS reviewing, various financial reports analyses, legal & statutory compliances, etc.
- Monitoring the legal cases pertaining to Finance & Accounts function.
- Controlling manpower cost of Finance & Accounts and IT Functions in all group Companies.
- Participating in management meets and discussion on business strategy.
- Understanding Company’s new and modified business avenues, modal, strategy, etc and aligning Finance & Accounts and IT functions with them.
- Organizational development thru’ leadership development plans, succession planning, etc for critical positions in the department.
- Building competent, effective, efficient and result oriented team/organization.
- All relevant record keeping and reporting.
- Implementation and maintenance of quality systems and continuous improvement methodologies with specific focus on growth, cost reduction and process improvements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Chartered Accountancy or other equivalent degree from any Institution of repute
- Minimum 15 years functional experience with minimum 5 years’ experience of handling Finance & Accounts functional head.
- Work experience in any big FMCG/manufacturing industry.
- Good experience of working in an ERP environment like SAP, Mfg-Pro, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics systems.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on LinkedIn
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.