The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a Network of public health training institutions in Africa that seeks to strengthen manpower to enhance health systems on the continent. AFENET is a not-for-profit organization which works closely with Ministries of Health in member countries to develop sustainable programs and capacity to strengthen field epidemiology and ensure healthier lives for Africans.
- Responsible for the Internal Audit function; establishing and strengthening internal controls and compliance
- Co-ordinate the development and implementation of the formal risk management and internal control framework for the network
- Contribute to the organization’s strategic initiatives to accomplish organization’s objectives through the audit function
- Lead the development and implementation of an effective compliance and internal audit structure including internal control policies and procedures.
- Establish risk-based plans to determine the internal audit activity’s priorities.
- Provide technical advice to the Organization’s Board, management team and the entire network on audit matters.
- Monitor and coordinate the implementation of the annual plan as approved, including as appropriate any special tasks or projects requested by the Board’s Finance and Audit committee.
- Offer guidance on conduct of reviews of assigned organisational and functional activities.
- To evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the management controls over those activities.
- To determine whether organisational units are performing their planning, accounting, custodial, risk management or control activities in compliance with management instructions, applicable statements of policy and procedures and in a manner consistent with both organisational objectives and high standards of administrative practice.
- Perform special investigations on any matters risky to the organization’s functionality to logical conclusion and offer guidance on mitigation.
- Draw reports on engagement observations and make recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, improving operations and reducing cost.
- In-charge of monitoring and coordinating the implementation of the annual audit plan, as approved; including as appropriate any special tasks or projects requested by management and the finance and audit committee.
- Keep the Finance and Audit committee informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing.
- In charge of external audit scheduling and offer guidance to the Board and management on implementation of recommendations and corrective action.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Master's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- At least 8 years of experience in internal audit function working with reputable organizations
- Experience with NGOs is a preferred advantage.
- A certified member of ACCA, CPA or CIA.
- Possession of CISA certification is an added advantage
- Have strong track record in internal audit, fraud investigations and evaluation of systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of practical use of financial accounting soft wares like SUN systems is a preferred advantage.
- AFENET offers a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their Resume, Application letter, and relevant documentation to:
The Administration & Human Resource Office,
African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET),
Or Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only successful candidates shall be contacted for an interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.