Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates, CRS reestablished presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
CRS will be expanding its activities in the North-East in the area of Food Security, Water arid Sanitation. The Security Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the operational security management of all CRS staff in Borno State. He/She will be charged with developing, updating, maintaining, disseminating and ensuring staff compliance with, the Nigeria Field Security Plan (FSP) as well as security and safety policies, procedures and advisories for all staff in Borno State, and coordinating the same with the Security Manager and staff based in Yobe state.
- Working closely with the Security Manager and Emergency Program Director to develop standard operational procedures (SOPs) and Contingency Plans for operations in the northeast and ensure they are current.
- In collaboration with the Security Manager and the Emergency Program Director, establish a system in the northeast that monitors security reports for immediate CP action as appropriate - telephone tree for the northeast for example
- Ensure that security is part of all new staff orientation and all visitors traveling receive security briefings.
- Support the country program in creating and maintaining a culture of safety and security.
- Together with the Security Manager, ensure key security focal points In the northeast receive security refresher trainings, as needed.
- Together with the Security Manager and Emergency Program Director ensure all staff based in the northeast receive personal security training
- Assist the Security Manager in gathering and analysis of security information about the North-East.
- Develop local networks locally with stakeholders and partner organizations in the North-East.
- Ensuring staff adherence to requirements of Nigerian Country Field Security Plan and advise on any appropriate updates to that plan.
- Monitor Threat Indicators in the North-East, develop triggers for action arid advise the Security Manager.
- Monitor compliance to CRS Minimum Office and Residential Security Standards.
- Conduct briefings for new staff and visitors to the North-East with regard to safety and security.
- Ensure all trips and movement are conducted in line with CRS Safety and Security Standards.
- Extablish CRS Borno State effective system for tracking all CRS travel and movement in the State
- Establish/maintain effective security information networks with external actors.
- Attend Humanitarian Security Meetings held in Maiduguri (Eg UNDSS, OCHA, INSO, and CIVIL-MILTARY).
- Ensure Period review of Security Situation in Maiduguri and the North-East.
- Ensure equipment integrity of all Safety, Security and Communications item in CRS locations in the North-east.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a security officer/manager in a Humanitarian/Recovery context,
- Certification in Security Management or Military and Para-Military training of not less than ten years.
- First Degree or any equivalent qualification.
- Previous working experience in complex and volatile contexts,
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri language and other Borno language is an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highest Standards of Ethics and Integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills as well as good judgment and vision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated proactive leadership ability
- Diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills,
- Ability to work effectively in diverse environments and Calmness under pressure
Method of Application
Applicants should download the CRS Application Form below, fill and send with a detailed resume in a single file Microsoft word document to: NG_HR@global.crs.org
Click here to download the CRS Application Form
Note: Position and location must be stated as the subject of the email. Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.