Technical Accounts Assistant at Africa Re
Posted on: 13 November, 2012
Deadline: 23 November, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Africare
An International Financial Institution with Headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria), Six Regional Offices in Casablanca (Morocco), Nairobi (Kenya), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Port Louis (Mauritius), Lagos (Nigeria) and Cairo (Egypt), as well as a subsidiary Company in Johannesburg (South Africa), owned by 42 member States of the African Union (AU), the African Development Bank (ADB), the IFC (International Finance Corporation), the DEG (German Development Finance Institution), the FMO (Dutch private
sector financing company), PROPARCO (Subsidiary of the Agence Française de Développement) and 107 insurance and reinsurance companies,
ANNOUNCES VACANCY FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:
Technical Accounts Assistant
A. MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Posting of cash book , cash matching, reconciliation of retrocessionaires’ accounts , preparing periodic reports on Regional operations / the Headquarters and reconciling general ledger accounts.
B. DETAILED DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reconciliation of retrocessionaires’ accounts.
- General correspondence and maintenance of retrocessionaires’ files
- Inter office reconciliation for all locations
- Cash matching of receipts & payments with reinsurance debtors.
- Collection of overdue reinsurance balances.
- Preparing periodic reports for regional management and to the headquarters
C. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Accurate and timely rendition of periodic reports
- Prompt reconciliation of bank accounts within approved deadlines
- Regular resolution of all outstanding inter office accounts
- Good quality of work, minimum errors and handle details efficiently
D. TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Basic knowledge of the accounting cycle, financial statement presentation using standards (IFRS, GAAP, SAM), disclosure requirements & ethics and professional & accounting ethics
- Basic knowledge of financial performance evaluation techniques, profit analysis & margins, cost accounting & management techniques and management control & decision making support.
- Basic usage of word processing, spread sheets and presentation packages. Intermediate usage of accounting, auditing and financial applications (In Housed Developed Applications and other third party applications).
E. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants should hold:
- First degree ( or equivalent)
- 3 Years of experience of which 2 years are relevant work experience
- Membership of relevant professional bodies would be an added advantage
- Additional professional qualifications in accounting would be an added advantage.
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be an added advantage.
- Experience in the Reinsurance /Insurance industry would be an added advantage
F. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATE FOR THIS POSITION:
Applicants must be:
- National of member States of Africa Re;
- Not more than 32 years old;
G. OTHER INFORMATION
Salary and other conditions of service are competitive and comparative to what is obtainable in similar organizations.
Interested candidates are requested to visit the Africa Re website at http://www.africa-re.com/careersandtenders/page/34/employment-forms to complete and submit the employment / application form
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: 23rd November 2012
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AfricareSimilar Jobs
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International
- Job Vacancy at Adam Smith International
- Project Manager at Hope for HIV/AIDS
- Job Vacancy at The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Fresh Vacancy at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Graduate Copy Editors at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION)