Globalprofilers is an international recruitment & HR consultancy company, we are providing a wide range of recruitment and selection services to local and international companies in Africa. Our Team of dedicated consultants offers businesses to get the right and best talent across wide range of sectors and professions.
Africa is experiencing an economic boom in all sectors. It is a dynamic as well as complex & diverse market. Our Specialized approach is backed by deep understanding of all aspects of business and industry in this challenging and growing market whilst retaining our global standards in talent acquisition and HR services.
- Develop timely financial and cash-flow forecasts and pro-actively manage cash-flows
- Supervise the timely and accurate preparation and delivery of financial statements
- Develop detailed and insightful analysis of future earnings and capital expenses
- Develop and implement robust financial management framework for minimizing financial risk
- Source for new and more cost-effective options for financing capital projects
- Ensure the efficient management of the balance sheet of the organization in liaison with Banks and other financial institutions
- Constructively advise other departments on cost reduction or revenue enhancement initiatives
- Budgeting and Control
- Coordinate the annual budgeting process and ensure its effective implementation
- Maintain robust internal controls and policies and supervise internal financial audits
- Develop, manage analysis and control the budgets of all departments and Vessels
- Prepare management reports on budget performance
- Undertake monthly budget reviews; implement monthly variance reporting and advice on expenditure trends
- Corporate Accounting and Reporting
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, internal control, and petty cash
- Implement effective procedures and controls that ensure the timely closing of the financial records including review for accuracy, cut-offs and classification in compliance with IFRS and company Standards
- Ensure Compliance with Company's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
Regulatory and Tax Compliance
- Minimize the tax liabilities of the organization
- Ensure full, prompt and efficient regulatory compliance
- Ensure the timely submission of accounts and returns to meet statutory reporting deadlines.
- Prepare the annual audit file and co-ordinate the annual regulatory audit process.
- Ensure compliance with the Cabotage and the Nigerian Content Legislation and Tax requirements.
- Liaise with the external Auditors to file Accounts with FIRS.
- Process Company Tax Clearance Certificates in a timely Manner.
Qualification and Experience:
- A good university degree
- ACA(ICAN), CIMA, ACCA qualifications are required
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in a senior financial management or accounting function
- Experience in the marine sector will be an advantage
- Strong financial and business management capabilities, versatility in financial accounting, analysis and modeling and treasury skills
- Financial management skills - ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Exposure to financial modeling with multi-year modeling, quarterly forecasting and compliance with generally acceptable accounting principles
- Leadership - successful track record of managing a finance function to a high professional standard
- Decision Making and Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Sensitivity to operational environment
- High personal/professional ethics and integrity
- Ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines and to deliver high quality output
- Commendable Interpersonal Skills
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
Method of Application
To apply, visit Global Profilers Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.