Job at Hubmart Stores Limited
Posted on: 4 July, 2016
Deadline: 5 July, 2016
View Jobs in Sales / Retail
View All Jobs at Hubmart Stores Limited
Hubmart Stores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experience as well as a vast range of products. Our unique value proposition lies in our excellent customer service as well as our superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
- Experienced Cashiers wanted, exposure to a supermarket setting is KEY.Male and Female wanted, person must be pleasant, ability to learn fast.
- A Checkout Manager takes on the primary head cashiering responsibilities at a retail location, processing register transactions and providing customer service.
- The job description of a Checkout Manager requires excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and a dedication to customer satisfaction
- A CM welcomes customers into the store, handles customer purchases, assists in selling promotional items, addresses and resolves customer inquiries and problems, and trains junior cashiers.
- Processes refunds and returns
- Processes register transactions-
- Refers customers to sales associates as necessary
- Assists customers in locating items
- Activates gift cards.
- Signs customers up for loyalty reward programs
- Addresses customer questions and complaints
- Reports complaints and problems to store manager, and refers customers to manager when needed
- Counts out register drawer at end of shift.
- Promotes new store products.
- Assists sales associates in closing sales
- Trains new cashiers.
- Oversees activity of junior cashiers to ensure that they are working up to store expectations.
- Ensures that all register drawers are balanced at the end of a shift.
- Replaces register tape and replenishes register cash supply as needed.
- Keeps front end of store clean and organized.
- Restocks, replaces, and organizes items on the sales floor.
- Pulls defective or expired items from shelves
- Answers store phone and provides information or transfers callers accordingly.
- Takes note of suspicious behaviour of customers or employees and reports this to managers as needed.
- Meeting with your manager to find out: Focus of the day.
- Sufficient staffing according to analysed sales trends and customer needs.
- Morning briefing with your team to communicate:
- Focus of the day is communicated and followed up.
- Give daily brief Customer service training, product knowledge.
- Check staff presentation and dress code.
- All cashiers are aware of promotions. Products, prices, location and duration.
- Highlight any issues, challenges, events for the day.
- All cashiers have latest updated Fresh pricing lists.
- Back shopping has been done.
- Confirm all cash registers are working.
- Each checkout sufficient till roles.
- All checkouts have sufficient and all sizes packaging
- Checkouts are neat and clean.
- Checkouts are open on time for store opening.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedure compliance
- Floor walk through his department with Store Manager.
- Expense and Cost control. Staff cost and packaging.
- Promotions are honoured.
- Change of shifts are coordinated so as not to disrupt customers.
- Checkout merchandise units are full and well ticketed.
- Ongoing Customer service.
- Ongoing checks and follow up on packaging, till roles, change.
- Ongoing back shopping.
- Ongoing review of Customer Service provided
- End of day procedure.
- Log in/log out of the cashiers
- Checkouts are closed, cashed up and end of day system is run in a staggered method so as to ensure no disruption to customer’s end of shopping experience.
- Staff scheduling planned so as to meet customer requirements at all times.
- Days off, breaks are staggered according to store needs.
- Accuracy and efficiency of Checkout personnel.
- Best Customer Service is provided by checkout operatives at all times.
- Queue length not to excess 4 customers.
- If longer open new checkouts or bring in baggers.
- Customer queries are recorded, followed up and resolved
- Customer exchanges, returns, refunds are handled quickly and efficiently.
- Housekeeping and tidiness of the department.
- Periodic and varied spot checks on cashier’s money Minimum of 4 per day.
- Non-scanning products are reported and rectified.
- Checkout cash shortages are tracked and investigated
- Staff roasters to be handled.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CVs to email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Hubmart Stores LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Retail Sales Associates at Precise Lighting
- Sales/Marketing Representatives at Chibek Instruments Limited
- Job Vacancies at Artee Group (SPAR Nigeria)
- Sales Associates at Audacious Business Concept
- Shop Floor Sales Executives at Vanaplus Group
- Sales Executives at Montaigne Place
- Jobs at Command Car Rental
- E-commerce Officer at Fadac Resources