Jobs at The Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu
Posted on: 4 July, 2016
Deadline: 2 August, 2016
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Institute of Management and Technology (IM
The Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu was established in 1973 as a hybrid higher institution of learning and as a centre for skill and service. The Institute strives for excellence and provides cutting-edge courses of instruction, training and research in Engineering, Applied Science and Technology, Arts, Financial, Management and Communication studies.
- The Deputy Rector is a Principal Officer. He is responsible to the Rector in the area of proper academic leadership in the Institute.
- He/she shall assist the Rector in the performance of such functions as the Rector may assign to him/her especially in matters that are academic in nature.
- The Deputy Rector shall also act for the Rector whenever the Rector is absent.
- Candidates for the post of Deputy Rector must possess a minimum of a Ph.D in any of the courses studied in IMT.
- The candidate should also have a minimum of 15 years academic experience in an institution of higher learning, and must have attained the rank of Chief Lecturer.
- He/she must show verifiable evidence of academic achievement and leadership in his area.
- Adequate knowledge and application of ICT is indispensable.
- Membership of reputable professional organizations is an advantage.
Conditions of Service
- This position attracts remuneration and other conditions of service similar to what is applicable to other Polytechnics in Nigeria.
- The Deputy Rector has a non- renewable tenure of three years.
- A period of three years must elapse before a former Deputy Rector qualifies to be re-appointed.
- The Bursar is responsible to the Rector for the management and control of the financial affairs of the Institute.
- He/she is also responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating the financial system of IMT as well as controlling Bursary staff.
- Applicants must possess a good Degree or HND in Accountancy or Finance with at least 12 years cognate post qualification experience. Membership of professional bodies such as ICAN and ANAN is mandatory.
- Possession of a higher- degree is an advantage. Adequate knowledge and application of ICT is indispensable.
Conditions of Service
- The Bursar shall be in office for a period of four years renewable only once.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are similar to what obtains in other Polytechnics in Nigeria.
- The Director of Works and Services is responsible to the Rector for the overall supervision and maintenance of all activities related to Works, Environment and Maintenance services in the Institute.
- He/she formulates the strategies of his Department and plans for their accomplishment.
- The DWS also prepares the Department’s budget and exercises budgetary control.
- He keeps inventory of the Institute's Vehicles, Lands, Buildings and Estates and is responsible for their maintenance, security and up-keep. Additionally, he/she is the Tetfund desk officer in-charge of project implementation.
- Applicants for the post of Director of Works and Services must be fully registered COREN Engineers in either Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- He/she must have at least 15 years relevant experience in a similar job. Possession of a higher degree (Master’s degree or a PhD) will be an advantage.
- The candidate must have adequate ICT knowledge and must be able to apply same. Serving officers with an MSc in Engineering and 12 years experience are eligible to apply.
Conditions of Service
- The Director of Works and Services shall be in office for four years.
- This tenure can be renewed once if the officer has performed creditably.
- Remuneration and other conditions of service are similar to what obtains in other Nigerian Polytechnics.
- The candidate must be an ex-police Officer not below the rank of Assistant Superintendent of Police or Military or Paramilitary Officer of an equivalent rank.
- The candidate must in addition hold O' Level certificate or its equivalent.
- First degree will be an advantage.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Institute of Management and Technology (IMT)Similar Jobs
- Job Vacancy at at Masaden Continental Investment Services (MCIS) Limited
- Physical Planning Associate at Transquisite Consulting
- Mobile App Developer at Tutor.NG
- Latest Recruitment at The Federal University, Otuoke
- Nanny Assistant at Leabridge Preparatory School
- Vice-Chancellor at the University of Agriculture, Makurdi - UPDATED
- Office Assistant at Mictec International School
- Job Openings at The Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka