Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche’s personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostics that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. Founded in 1896, Roche has been making important contributions to global health for more than a century.
In 2014 the Roche Group employed over 88,500 people worldwide, invested 8.9 billion Swiss francs in R&D and posted sales of 47.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan.
As Product Manager (Oncology), you will develop, communicate, implement and continuously adapt the ideal strategy for the Oncology portfolio taking into account market intelligence and trends, in order to ensure optimum positioning, profitability and growth and establish a high performing Oncology portfolio. You will:
- Collaborate with internal and external partners/ stakeholders to form strategic alliances for maximum market penetration.
- Be responsible for directional guidance to determine the broad pillars and areas the Oncology team should focus to win.
- Oversee the Oncology Program as defined by the revised Oncology strategy for Roche Nigeria
- Work with a broader team with diverse skills set to complete the Oncology projects on time and within allocated budget
- Identify and generate business opportunities aimed at supporting and growing Oncology product sales as well as new markets
- Drive implementation of Oncology product strategy & business plans (incl. sales budget and tactical plans), ensuring that it supports the corporate objectives
- Develop promotional and communication campaigns in line with products positioning and business opportunities
- Co-ordinate and liaise with support functions (Medical, Market Access, Regulatory Affairs & Pharmaco-vigilance) in deploying product related cross functional projects
- Ensure accurate understanding and maintaining of knowledge of market trends and competitor activities in order to come up with a business plan for Oncology products, in line with set targets
- Lead implementation and ensure execution of the marketing tactics (such as workshops, conferences, CME’s and campaigns)
- Monitor Regional teams’ performance on a regular basis in order to review and correct the effectiveness and appropriateness of the product strategy and the on-going achievement of the set sales targets
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
This challenging role requires the following experience and skills:
- A relevant degree in Marketing, Science, Medicine or Pharmacy
- Minimum 3 years experience in Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing or in a marketing environment with proven track record of delivering innovative, successful campaigns for brands at different lifecycle stages
- Knowledge of Oncology therapeutic area and related medical specialist know-how
- Good understanding of Pharmaceutical marketing legislation
- Highly creative with experience in defining customer targets and segmentation
- Strategic with great problem solving and analytical skills
- A motivated and highly innovative person with the ability to work independently as well as in a team;
At Roche, 91,700 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job facts
- Location Nigeria, Lagos
- Function Sales & Marketing
- Subfunction Product & Segment Marketing
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Individual Contributor
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Date 2016/06/27
- Job-ID 00448266
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply online on Roche website