If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
- The purpose of the Protection and Advocacy Adviser (PAA) is to strengthen NRC's Nigeria’s protection policy and advocacy performance. It is a strategic advisory position, reporting to the CD.
- Act as the focal point for the development and implementation of a country specific advocacy strategy, in line with the overall country strategy process and NRCs strategy for global advocacy
- Strengthen NRC's response to prioritized country advocacy and protection issues both within the country and internationally
- Draft advocacy products such as briefing notes, position papers, talking points and reports Support and train programme staff to mainstream protection and do-no-harm into their projects and activities
- Support the CD in ensuring that NRC plays an active and strategic role in the humanitarian community to strengthen the advocacy and protection response in accordance with the country strategy
- Carry out contextual analysis encompassing protection risks, gaps, and conflict trends and dynamics
- Coordinate the implementation of the NRC Nigeria’s access strategy
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Protection and Advocacy Adviser/Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Professional knowledge of humanitarian and protection principles
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria an asset
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
Method of Application
To apply visit,NRC Career Page
Note: Application procedures and CV registration - Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.