Executive Job Position at JAGAL Group
Posted on: 1 July, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View Jobs posted same day
JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
- Support the GM Fabrication and Fab Operations Manager in the general running and logistics of the fabrication facility
- Manage all activities to ensure compliance with applicable safety, quality and regulatory requirements
- Assist in managing and controlling the department budget.
Key aims and objectives:
- Safety of all personnel.
- Provide leadership and support to the operation team.
- Ensure all work areas are being managed and operated in compliance with HSEQ manual and all relevant policies and procedures.
- Contribute to managing operating cost and implement effective cost reduction measures.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- In coordination with the various Fabrication Department Manager and Construction Managers:
- Communicate on issues that will seriously affect safety, quality, schedule, client relationship or company reputation.
- Manage and coordinate logistical issues within he facility.
- Manage all Toolroom personnel in the efficient running of stores and supplies.
- Coordinate SIMOPS activities with other departments and chair SIM PS meetings.
- Track and follow up on purchase requisitions in coordination with Supply Chain.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain on prioritisation on PO invoice payments.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of training requirements in coordination with Learning & Development Department.
- Monitor the condition of facilities, buildings, equipment and infrastructure and c ordinate maintenance and repairs with W&F department.
- Ensure plant and equipment is being made available for scheduled inspection and maintenance.
- Monitor and expedite materials issues and track materials in production and between production units.
- Monitor and coordinate segregation and removal of surplus materials and waste from production areas.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators and be pro-active in investigating the reasons for poor performance and implementing corrective measures.
- Issue reports on manpower numbers and deployment.
- Ensure work areas are being maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- W rk with Shop Managers and Construction Managers on all projects to ensure the most efficient use of equipment across the facility.
- Assist in the forward planning and utilisation of yard space.
- Hold members of assigned team accountable for work performance as per their r les and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate good planning and organisation in day to day activities.
- Contribute to the Continuous Improvement Process within the Operations Department.
- Participate in the proposal phase for new works required
- Attend chair meetings as required on time and prepared
- Manage leave schedules of assigned personnel to ensure business continuity
- Assist in assessment, training and mentoring of Nigerian personnel in the fabrication department.
- Set professional standards of behavior and lead by example.
- Ensure good discipline is maintained.
- Listen to and evaluate any employee concerns.
Key internal interfaces:
- Department Managers, Projects Managers, Construction Managers
- Rigging, Scaffolding and Coating
- QA/QC Managers and HSE Managers
- HR and Training Department
- Project Controls Managers and Planning Managers
- Supply Chain Manager and Warehouse Managers
- Minimum of 15 years of experience within an oil and gas industry facilities fabrication/construction/engineering project controls environment – minimum 8 years in a
- Degree in administration and management with knowledge of the oil and gas fabrication industry.
- Ability to demonstrate a complete understanding and show commitment to the importance of HSE and Quality in the activities within a fabrication facility.
- Ability to take responsibility and accountability for department performance and to drive success through good leadership.
- Good communication and ogranisational skills
- Ability to lead and manage a team and to mentor and train others.
Method of Application
To apply, visit JAGAL Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Fresh Vacancies at ABB
- Business Development Manager at a Water Engineering and Renewable Energy Company - Simeons Pivot Resources
- Supply Chain Coordinator at Aggreko Nigeria
- Sales Engineer at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited
- Latest Jobs at an Engineering and Power Company - Willers Solutions
- Production Manager at TRANOS
- Learning and Development Officer at Machineyard.com.ng
- Logistics Assistant at Bosch