INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
1. Terms of reference
Job title: Head of Mission (HoM)
Location: Abuja (with frequent missions in Maiduguri and any others operational bases)
Reporting to: Regional Director
Starting date: asap
Duration of contract: 1 year
2. General context of the mission
Intersos is operational in Nigeria since September 2015 to contribute to the humanitarian response to the Boko Haram crisis. Our intervention, through a coordination office in Abuja and a field base in Maiduguri (Borno State), aims at supporting IDPs and other affected people by enhancing food security status, ensuring better shelter conditions and ameliorating the coordination of humanitarian actors. Given all the humanitarian needs still to be addressed, Intersos is willing to further develop its presence and activities, by identifying news interventions (concerning both the above mentioned sectors and new ones) and playing an even more active role within the humanitarian coordination.
3. Tasks and responsibilities
The Head of Mission (HoM) legally and officially represents the Organization in Nigeria and acts in accordance with specific directions from and supervision of the Regional Director.
The HoM manages and coordinates the operations and human resources in the country and is responsible to:
4. Required profile/experience
· Knowledge of UN system (UNHCR – OCHA – UNICEF – WFP) ECHO and other majors donors.
· Strong experience in project design, monitoring and evaluation, and data collection and analysis is required.
· Experience in humanitarian assistance, e-voucher and nutrition is desirable.
· Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders;
· Ability to work in a volatile and difficult security context, including hardship field locations;
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their curriculum vitae, motivation letter and 2 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying in the subject ‘HoM Nigeria”**
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview