Career at Medical Research Council
Posted on: 30 June, 2016
Deadline: 29 July, 2016
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Medical Research Council
MRC Unit The Gambia is the leading research centre in sub-Saharan Africa and has been carrying out internationally competitive research into tropical medicine for over 70 years. Our current research agenda focuses on three themes: Disease Control & Elimination; Nutrition; Vaccines & Immunity. Looking towards the future, we are aiming to push forward with a West Africa expansion strategy with new and challenging areas, reflecting changes in national and global health priorities.
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as a Senior Data Manager at MRC Fajara. The post-holder will work closely with the datapse development team to ensure that the study databases meet the data collection needs of studies.
- S/he will develop, organise and implement quality control and cleaning processes of databases that require extensive liasion and tactful communication with field personnel as well as with other senior staff.
- B.Sc or equivalent in Computing, Data management or a related subject.
- Extensive work experience and proficiency in data management with preference given to data management for medical research.
- Diverse expertise in managing complex data from different systems, including operational systems as well as different study and trial designs in both clinical trials and observational studies.
- Previous experience of dealing accurately and efficiently with large volumes of data from varied sources in multi-disciplinary research projects.
- Excellent problem solving skills, analytical skills and judgement.
- Working knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP), Clinical Research, Clinical trial process and related regulatory requirements and terminology.
- Working knowledge of Clinical database applications.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience of training and supervising staff.
- Good working knowledge of database management software (MS Access essential and SQL Server preferred).
- Systematic approach and attention to detail.
- The ability to conduct study activities according to the protocols.
- The ability to work co-operatively in a team.
- Understanding of the confidential nature of the work.
- M.Sc in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Management or related field.
- Previous experience working in a Research/Slinical lab field.
- Experience in supporting electronic data capture processes.
- Experience in using Open Clinica or any Clinical Data Management System.
Remuneration and Benefits
- The salary will be paid in Grade 2,30 Points of MRC Unit The Gambia’s payscale at a net monthly salary of 54, 366 Dalasi. This converts to a net pay of $1, 294 approximately per month using the prevailing Dalasi/USD exchange rate.
- Please note that the salary will be paid in Dalasi and that the USD figure quoted is only given as a guide.
- For displaced staff the package will include rent- free furnished accommodation, flights, displacement allowance for spouse and children, contribution to school fees and shipment of personal effects.
Method of Application
Applicants should contact the "Human Resources Office" to obtain a "Standard MRC Application Form" and "Copy of the Job Description" by emailing via: email@example.com
Completed application forms together with photocopies of qualifications should be returned to: Human Resources Office:
Vacancy for: Senior Data Manager
P.O. Box 273,
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.mrc.gm Telephone:
00220 4495442-6 & 4494072-9
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Medical Research CouncilSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Me Cure Industries Limited
- Massive Graduate and Experienced Job Recruitment at The National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi
- Entry-level Pharmacy Technician at Newgate Medical Services Limited
- Radiographer Recruitment at Teclab
- Job Opportunity at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Medical Officer Vacancy at ROA Hospital
- Volunteer Positions for Maternal and Child Health Education at Awoye Health Initiative
- Career Opportunity at OneMedicalGroup