Executive Career at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Posted on: 29 June, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Management Sciences For Health -
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
The objective of the Program Implementation Director position is to collaborate with state offices and provide overall technical and managerial directions with efficient and effective management and coordination practices with central office and to ensure that program objectives are achieved.
- Member of the Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project management and performance
- Coach/mentor the assigned system advisors to provide coordinated quality technical assistance
- Provides strategic direction to the unit and state offices.
- Supervise STL in terms of making sure that their activities are focused as per the work plan.
- Provides supportive supervision to direct reports in the unit. She/he ensures that the staffs in the field have the capacity and resources to meet their obligation as well as sufficient level of effort.
- Engaging and linking state technical team with Abuja technical team.
- Coordinate with central operations unit to ensure smooth operations of field offices
- Taking lead on field action points to ensure that the strategies are being implemented in the field.
- Maintain and strengthen Government and stakeholder’s relationship.
- Mentor and Develop the State Team Leader's skills as part of them to function with ore challenging and bigger role.
- Work with the Abuja project staff and State Teams; build the capacity of state and local government HIV/AIDS management structures in leadership and management for a coordinated HIV/AIDS response.
- With support from Project State Teams, assist the state and local governments through participatory methodologies to develop a shared vision and renew their commitment for control of HIV/AIDS.
- Liaise with the Project Director and other Associate Directors to ensure health delivery systems and health care facilities consistently meet the quality standards of care.
- Collaborates closely with the technical teams to identify and fulfil technical requirements of the programs and to identify and assign Technical Strategy Leads for the Project Support Teams Liaise with the technical unit to ensure technical quality of all projects.
- Work with the project teams to ensure all projects have an actioned communication plan.
- Post-graduate degree in public health, health planning, health economics or a health related field with extensive field experience managing programs in the developing world.
- At least 12 years’ experience in senior-level management experience in project development and implementation
- Significant involvement in health sector reform activities is desirable
- Substantial experience and demonstrated success in designing, implementing and managing complex health project in developing countries.
- Experience working with PEPFAR and USAID-funded HIV/AIDS projects is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated subject-matter expertise in technical content relevant to the project supervised as well as in project management
- Excellent facilitation skills’ supporting decentralized entities to translate policies into strategic plans for implementation is a must.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply online on ICIMS
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Management Sciences For Health - MSHSimilar Jobs
- Call for Proposals at Mercy Corps
- Front Desk /Administrative Assistant at WaterAid Nigeria
- Director of Monitoring and Evaluation at PACT Nigeria
- Director of Finance and Operations at PACT Nigeria
- Deputy Chief of Party at PACT Nigeria
- MHPSS Technical Specialist at Heartland Alliance International
- Business Support Assistant (SCOPE) at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Organizational Development Specialist, STEER Project at Save the Children Nigeria