Cooks at Jagal Group
Posted on: 29 June, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Jagal Group
JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
Job Code: 614
Reporting to: Head Chef
- To prepare & cook all food for daily feeding in the Shore Club.
Key Aims and Objectives
- Preparing & Cooking of food
- Receiving food from Central Store
- Portion control & Wastage control
- Cleanliness of SC and surrounding area
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Receiving the meat from Butcher & agreeing the weight/portions received
- Preparing and cooking of food on a daily basis
- Make sure that all leftover foods are properly cooled and stored
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene at all times and ensure that you clean as you go
- Monitor kitchen cleaners and ensure that all daily kitchen cleaning tasks are carried out
- Report any finding or defects to Catering Manager or Supervisor
- Completing all relevant paper work on-time and submitting to management
- You will report for duty on time as per daily shift roster
- You are to be correctly dressed at all times. A clean set of whites to be worn daily. No jewelry or watches to be worn except plain band wedding rings
- Liaise with ND staff to ensure the continued provision of the appropriate service.
- You are responsible for the correct storing, defrosting, preparation and final storing of all cuts of meat
- Monitors hygiene and food handling practices for compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Conducts periodical stock takes as necessary and ensures stock rotation
- Enforces safety requirements and models safe behavior.
- Communicates routinely with staff through meetings, on the job sessions, and other methods
- Demonstrates team building and leadership skills
- Attends and participates in training activities and attends meetings as required
- Ensures security of departmental equipment and inventory
- Ensures Company confidentiality
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Catering manager or Supervisor
- Any duties as deemed reasonable within the associated envelope of the individual’s technical capability.
- Good organisational and time management skills combined with a high level of initiative
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on client and customer services
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Food Handlers Certificate.
- Proven culinary skills with a 3 years’ experience
- Ability to be on feet on hard surface for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a busy, stressful environment with extreme changes of temperature
- Ability to utilise time efficiently to meet all job responsibilities
- Must be able to read and write.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online on Jagal website
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jagal GroupSimilar Jobs
- Human Resource Vacancy in the Oil and Gas Industry Via People Expert
- Latest Job Opportunity at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Job Vacancies at Oiltest Group
- Job Opportunity at Cleanserve Integrated Energy Solutions Limited (CIES)
- Career Opportunities at Russelsmith Group
- Human Resource Vacancy at Excel Professional Services - Oil and Gas Company
- Latest Recruitment at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Job Opportunity at WTS Energy