If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kampala International University (KIU) is a private University chartered by the Republic of Uganda. It is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the Association of African Universities as well as the Inter University Council of East Africa. KIU Is also a vast Regional institution with two Campuses in Uganda, a constituent College in Dares Salaam, Tanzania, and a Campus in Nairobi Kenya.
The University is renown to offer a variety and wide range of programmes in different fields including Science and Technology, Engineering, Management, Humanities, Education, Laws and Health Sciences.
- Social Work and Social Administration
- Mass Communication
- Applied Psychology
- Public Administration and Management
- Political Science
- Development Studies
- Curriculum Studies
- Science Education
- Arts Education
- Special Needs Education
- Educational Psychology
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Environmental Management
- Applied Sciences
- Commercial Law
- Law and Jurisprudence
- Public and Corporate Law
- Accounting and Finance
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Human Resources Management
Job Description (Duties and Responsibilities)
- To teach and supervise students on placement, and lecture courses and/ or subjects which are consistent with your academic background and competence of the collage
- To develop and continually improve the curricula of courses and I or subjects.
- To research and publish academic articles and! or books in your area of specialization.
- To advise students and colleagues on appropriate subject matters consistent with the academic background and training.
- To develop a marking scheme for the courses taught.
- To carry out progressive assessments and mark examinations scripts of the courses taught
- To set, invigilate and process University examinations.
- To attend departmental and Faculty Board meetings.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned to you by the relevant University Authorities.
Qualification and Experience
- Qualifications is Ph.D from a reputable university.
- At least 4 years of experience in teaching and handing student placements.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to successfully manage multiple assignments
- Ability to work on standard working hours in order to ensure successful operations of services
- Ability to solve problems and work as a team member in order to achieve institutional goals
- Ability to function independently or with minimal supervision
- Ability to adhere to medical research health ethics, as provided
An attractive package as per the University Scale
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications, CV's and Academic papers to the emails below:email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Tel: +256 782 642 989
Note: Applications for August 2016 intake is open apply now.