Graduate Job at The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN)
Posted on: 29 June, 2016
Deadline: 12 July, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Institute of Human Virology, Nige
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN), a leading indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels, is facilitating the search for a- Project Officer (HMIS) under the Nigerian Alliance for Health Systems Strengthening (NAHSS) Project.
NAHSS is a University of Maryland‐led project that provides technical support to the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Health on the National Quality Improvement Program (NigeriaQual). NAHSS strengthens the capacity of local implementing partners, state multidisciplinary planning teams and site CQI Teams to integrate Quality Improvement activities into organizational, financial and program planning activities, in addition to HIV care and treatment services. NAHSS wishes to engage a Project Officer to support the NAHSS project in the implementation of the NigeriaQual program.
- S/he will report to the NAHSS Program Manager and shall work in collaboration with other NAHSS staff to carry out NigeriaQual activities.
- The HMIS officer will coordinate the implementation of Strategic Information activities related to the NAHSS project, monitor and evaluate NigeriaQual indicators to assure validity and consistency and also ensure that program targets are met, generate and share indicator status reports with all partners as required.
- S/he will also ensure data quality and best practices in data collection, data management, and data reporting at different levels, promote health system strengthening activities, communicate with implementing partners and state ministries of health on all NigeriaQual data related activities, and collate all required data from all stakeholders for USG reporting.
- Other job requirements include collaborating with the Government of Nigeria agencies to conduct monitoring, evaluation and supervisory activities as required in the NigeriaQual program and providing comprehensive data support for all research activities which includes: database creation and management, data collation, data monitoring and analysis.
- Manage all Strategic Information activities related to the NigeriaQual project including data management, analysis, M&E etc.
- Receive and collate data and indicator reports from the sites, Implementing Partners, states, LGAs and other relevant stakeholders
- Facilitate trainings for facilities, states, Local Government Areas (LGA) and Implementing Partner staff on the NigeriaQual program and the NigeriaQual software in all NAHSS focus states
- Coordinate communications between NAHSS and all IPs, states and LGAs on all NigeriaQual data related activities such as sharing timelines on activities, registration of facilities participating in every round of data collection exercise, monitoring data upload status, generation of all required reports after each exercise etc.
- Coordinate communications between NAHSS and the NigeriaQual software developer to ensure the experience of users at all level are continually satisfactory in the area of data entry, data uploads and generation of indicator reports
- Ensure the optimal functionality of the software and managing the interpretation of Structured Query Language (SQL) used in software for data analysis to ensure the validity of indicators generated
- Participate in periodic planning and strategic meetings with stakeholders/funding agencies (Federal Ministry of Health, Centers for Diseases Control‐CDC, and University of Maryland Baltimore etc.) to develop work plans and set pace guiding project activities
- Prepare the indicator reports section of the semi‐annual and annual progress reports of the NAHSS project and other data related narratives or adhoc reports required for submission to funding agency CDC
- Generate regular gap analysis to show progress towards achieving set targets for the NAHSS project and the NigeriaQual program
- Participate in mentoring and supervision to implementing sites during the NigeriaQual performance exercise
- Represent NAHSS in relevant funding agency meetings to discuss new Health Management Information Systems initiatives, monitoring and evaluation and other strategic information related practices for USG partners
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Director or Program Manager
- The employee is more interested in the candidates’ skillset for the job, than the qualifications. However, a University degree in the sciences or any of the following or related fields is desirable: statistics and epidemiology, natural, medical or social sciences.
- Minimum of one year working experience
- Experience with data collection and data management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel and Access
- Ability to run basic analysis using Microsoft Excel. Ability to use statistical packages (e.g. STATA, SAS, SPSS) and Microsoft packages (particularly Access) is an added advantage
- Basic knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs or related health services programs
- Experience with the PEPFAR/ Global Funds SI system highly desirable.
- Experience in Quality Improvement in HIV care is an added advantage
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and guidelines
- Basic data management and analysis skills
- Must have the basic skills to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Team player with ability to work with minimum supervision
- Be willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders
- Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the. Associate Director, Human Resources through this email address: email@example.com Candidates should indicate appropriate positions and preferred locations in their application letter.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Institute of Human Virology, NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Consultants at The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN)
- Job Vacancies at Malaria Consortium
- Job Openings at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Capacity Building Advisor at John Snow Incorporated (JSI)
- Project Manager - Multisector at INTERSOS Nigeria
- Job Opportunities at The Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED)
- Programmes Director - Nigeria at Amnesty International
- Psychologist at Neem Foundation