If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
AS Operations West Africa Ltd. (ASO) is a Nigeria-registered subsidiary of Adam Smith International (ASI). ASO provides operational support to three DFID-funded projects in Nigeria, i.e. NIAF, GEMS and ENABLE. Operational services include IT and Communications; Residential and Hotel Accommodations; Administrative Support; Domestic Ground and Air Transportation; International Travel and Protocol; and, Security Services.
Job Code: 0101
- Based in Abuja, this position is accountable for the day to day operations of a mid-sized operational services company Among our clients is a leading international advisory firm that works throughout the world to help reform and improve economies and institutions
- This is a developmental management position which provides operational support to the client by supervising a team responsible for the following: Transport Management, IT and Communications, Accounting Services and Protocol Services
- The work covers a geographic area that includes numerous states including Cross River, Lagos, Kogi, and Osun
- Managing the day to day operations of the company for the Central-Southern region;
- Supervising a team of employees across several service lines to ensure client needs are met in a timely and professional manner;
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure that work is carried out in a planned, acceptable and timely manner;
- Ensuring that records systems for all activities are well-managed and up to date;
- Ensure project budgets are implemented with expediency and accuracy;
- Carrying out special projects as required;
- Ensuring that monitoring systems are developed to ensure the efficient management of fleet vehicles, including maintenance schedules and fuel procurement; and
- Working with the management team to ensure policies and procedures are aligned across regions and the team works together to meet targets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use a personal computer, email, Excel and Word;
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing (English is required for this position);
- Ability to effectively supervise staff across a cross section of functions and responsibilities;
- Ability to read budgets and translate information into management reports;
- Ability to write and implement policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks; and
- Knowledge of principles of human resource management.
- Nigerian citizens only
Education and Experience
- MSc Degree in Business Administration or a related field of study;
- Extensive experience supervising employees;
- Extensive operational experience; and
- Experience with the use of a variety of computer applications including Excel and Word
Salary is based on an established, posted pay scale. The position is classified as Management Services Level 10 (developmental)
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their Application package which include:
- A cover letter detailing how you meet the Education and Experience requirements;
- CV; and
- Contact details for three recent work-related referees
Application package should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Assistant General Manager, Operations" in the email subject line.
Note: Only applicants who meet the Education and Experience requirements will be contacted. If you do not meet these, you need not apply.