Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NIRA) is an independent not-for-profit, self regulatory and self governing organization founded on March 23, 2005 as a stakeholder-led organization, charged with the responsibility of managing the "ng" country code Top Level Domain (ccTLD) name space in the public interest of Nigeria and global internet community.
The senior accountant will be primarily responsible for:
- Designing and developing relevant accounting policies procedures and controls for NIRA
- Preparing and recording asset, liability revenue and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing accounting information
- Maintaining and balancing subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
- Summarizing financial status by collating information; preparing balts4ce sheet, revenue account and other affiliated statements
- Processing payroll as at when due under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer and generating pays slips for staff with cor&cr information showing statutory deductions
- Enforcing and monitoring compliance with accounting policies aria procedures
- Maintaining asset register and account payable and receivable rerecords for audit purposes
- Interfacing with external auditors: assisting with financial and tax audit
- Avoiding legal challenges by complying with legal requirements; including statutory obligations, withholding, corporate tax, VAT and PAYE
- Securing financial information by scheduling database backups
- Training and mentoring junior Accounting Staff
- Making recommendations to the Chief Operating Officer based on analysis and status of reserves, assets and expenditures
- Reviewing journal entries of Junior accountants to ensure accuracy
- Performing various analysis and preparing accounts reconciliation
- Carrying out any other work as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer
Qualifications and Attribute
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business related discipline with a minimum of second class upper division
- ACA or .ACCA is mandatory
- Three years post- ICAN qualification is mandatory
- Must have at least 10 years post-NYSC experience in financial management and administration
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Budget monitoring and execution skills
- Ability to prepare accurate and timely financial records
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with different levels of staff
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs email@example.com indicating the position applied for as subject of email.
Note: Selected candidates will be required to resume within the shortest possible time from the date of hiring.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.