Vacancy at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
Posted on: 27 June, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL), is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
- Promotes and support project approved documentations including HSSEQ policies, plans, and procedures
- Conduct security survey, assessment, audits and inspection of company and contractors facilities, issue reports and ensure follow-up to close-out outstanding security actions
- Act as observer for scheduled security drills and exercise at project sites and ensure feed backs are documented in the drill report with a timeline for close-out.
- Collate intelligence and provide technical support to Logistics operations in LOS and PHC area in order to improve the security protection of personnel and assets on transit.
- Maintain adequate contacts with key project personnel in LOS/PHC and Onne areas and liaise with the company site reps to improve the site security.
- Facilitate full implementation of the International Ship and Port facility Security Code(ISPS Code) at SHI - MCI Yard and on board FPSO.
- Evaluate security risks that may under mine safe operation of assets/personnel in OML 130 with a view to support quality security advisory to the OIM / RSES on site.
- Review Contractor Security Management Plans and facilitate the development of security bridging documents where security responsibilities of the company and contractor are clearly defined.
- Ensure adequate support from Security organisation to client project especially for the effective implement of Anti Piracy protection measures for client FPSO and other working vessels (Drilling Rig, Installation supply vessels, etc...)on site including the security protection of vessels on transits between client's Fields, along Bonny River and onshore locations (e.g.FLT Onne).
- Facilitate firm access control measures, effective security screening and induction of project personnel on site including measures to curtail offshore prohibited items on site.
- Provide briefing on security risk to enlighten and/or alert project personnel on ways to avoid potential threats in the environment and organize periodic security awareness sessions for all personnel
- Ensure timely reporting of incidents/anomaly and conduct a detailed investigation with appropriate recommendations to forestall re-occurence.
- Facilitate compliance to applicable Rules of Engagement (ROE)and the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR) and carryout any other duties/tasks that may be assigned by the Hierarchy from time to time.
- Encourage culture of HSE among team members by prompt anomaly reporting and closeout.
- Maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings and propose ways of improvement.
- Ensure high level of EPOB compliance for the security team
- Comply with office security, health and safety rules, instructions and procedures.
- Take care of colleagues' safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene decisively Agreement
- Recognised Bachelor's degree (B.Sc/BA) or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Previous experience in maritime security and Oil and Gas Industry Projects in Nigeria
- Good knowledge of the working environments in LOS/PHC/Onne and Offshore Nigeria
- Adequate computer skills and proficiency in MS Office suite
- Good team spirit, independent, diligent, proactive and goal achiever.
- Strong organizational with written and oral communication skills
- Specialist in the application of the ISPS Code
- Certified Port Facility Security Officer(PFSO) with cognate experience
- Retired Naval Officer with 10 years service/operational experience is desirable
- Military/Police background is preferred
Method of Application
To apply, visit DBSL Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Deep Blue Energy Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Drivers at Alphaden Energy and Oilfield Limited
- Engineers at an International Oil & Gas Company - OfficeMakers International Limited
- Commercial Project Controller at RusselSmith Group
- Business Development/Sales Roles at MacTay Consulting
- Accountant at Bimfems Investment Limited
- Account Officers at Human Edge Limited
- Job Vacancies at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited