Jobs at Nestle Nigeria Plc
Posted on: 10 November, 2012
Deadline: 20 November, 2012
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Nestle Foods
As the Leading Nutrition Health and Wellness Company, we are committed to enhancing People’s lives, everywhere, everyday.
A presence in more than 130 countries, factories in more than 80 countries and 27 R&D centers, enhances our continued leadership position as the foremost Nutrition, Health and Wellness company. We provide opportunity for long term career that offers personal and professional development. We are committed to creating an environment that challenges and motivates individuals to reach their highest potential.
At Nestlé Nigeria Plc. we are searching for Self Motivated, Energetic and result focused Engineering and Sales experienced professionals to join our Waters division.
Applications are hereby required from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
1) PROJECT ENGINEERS (ABAJI- ABUJA)
To handle the introduction of new fixed assets into the company. This could involve the relocation and optimising of the existing fixed asset base and/or the purchase of new fixed assets.
Propose and implement work processes, procedures and technical resources in accordance with the Engineering Policy, Key Principles and the Project Management
Activity as outlined in the Nestlé Engineering Excellence (NEE) master document.
Coordinate personnel (e.g. other technicians, contractors etc.) To ensure the projects objectives are satisfied.
Propose and control the cost of the project in assigned areas, in accordance with the Guidelines for Capital Investment.
Propose and monitor the project in accordance with the key performance indicators.
Uphold our (Safety Health & Environment) SHE policy and ensuring that no change is implemented.
Ensure that the highest principles of ethical conduct on behalf of the community, consumer, company, and the engineering profession are adhered to and that all dealings are maintained within a competitive and fair environment and above reproach.
- B.Sc or HND (Minimum of 2.2 or Upper Credit respectively) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a technical related field in a food manufacturing company.
- Should possess good Management and leadership skills
- Must have some experience in Project Management
- Must have Good computer skills
- Must have a good understanding of financial analysis and relevant business drivers-(Standard Costing Knowledge , Asset and Maintenance Management (AMM), CAPEX budgeting and preparation (CIAT) etc
- Candidate must posses good Analytical skills in problem solving.
2) START UP PRODUCTION MANAGER (ABAJI- ABUJA)
To manage the production activities relating to the factory such that employee health and safety, product safety and the protection of the environment are never compromised and that all production activities enhance product quality, plant performance and the business
- Define, propose and monitor the implementation of the FactoryProduction teams plans and objectives in accordance with the Factory Policy, Key Principles and the Key Production Activities as outlined in the Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) master document.
- Propose and implement work processes, procedures and technical resources related to Factory Production.
- Lead and coordinate the Factory Production team and maintain competencies, motivation and performance to achieve the teams’ mission and objectives.
- Propose and control the Factory Production budget as well as the factory's capital investment plans and related capital expenditures.
- Propose and monitor Factory Production in accordance with the key performance indicators.
- Demonstrate and promote the company's values within the Factory Production team.
- Uphold our Safety Health & Environment policy and ensure that all those in production are encouraged never to implement any change, whether directly instructed to, or under his/her own initiative, without first questioning its impact in relation to product safety/quality, people safety and the environment. No compromises should be tolerated.
- Ensure production operates as part of a multifunctional team with clear and open communication.
- Ensure that production's expertise (Maintenance, Project Engineering, Industrial Services, production Store) are maintained and developed through providing training and development programs.
- Ensure that production always directs its effort towards a "low cost, highly efficient" operation.
- Ensure that production takes the lead in driving Nestlé Good Hygienic Engineering (NGHE).
- Ensure that all the team members are familiar with, and implement Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Ensure that continuous improvement, networking and sharing information becomes a key pillar of the engineering culture.
- Ensure that all Nestlé proprietary technology is protected, by adopting a "careful" relationship with 3rd parties, particularly outsourcing partners.
- B.Sc or HND (Minimum of 2.2 or Upper Credit respectively) Mechanical, Chemical, Process and Electrical engineering, Food Production & Technology.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years’ experience in Production management, preferable in food manufacturing or consumer goods industry, including Maintenance responsibilities
- Must have good management & Leadership Skills.
- Must have Good computer skills
3) MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (ABAJI- ABUJA)
To ensure that the sites fixed assets are capable of performing and consistently fit for the purpose for which they were intended.
- Define, propose and monitor the Maintenance and Improvement (M&I) plans and objectives in accordance with the Engineering Policy, Key Principles and the M&I Activity as outlined in the Nestlé Engineering Excellence (NEE) master document.
- Propose and implement work processes, procedures and technical resources related to the M&I team.
- Lead and coordinate the M&I team and maintain competencies, motivation and performance to achieve the M&I teams mission and objectives.
- Propose and control the M&I budget.
- Propose and monitor M&I in accordance with the key performance indicators.
- Demonstrate and promote the company's values within the M&I team
- Ensure that there exists within the M&I team an attitude of absolute intolerance for unsafe situations. That all team members are encouraged never to implement any change, whether directly instructed to, or under his/her own initiative, without first
questioning its impact in relation to product safety/quality, people safety and the environment. No compromises should be tolerated.
- Ensure that the technical integrity and availability of equipment complies with all regulations.
- Obtain managements support for M&I and ensure its alignment with the business strategy.
- Encourage close teamwork between all functions (Engineering, Production, Quality Management etc.).
- Review systematically all lines, processes and utilities that are critical to the business and those where failure can have an unacceptable impact on safety, environment or compliance with the law.
- B.Sc or HND (Minimum of 2.2 or Upper Credit respectively) Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical field, preferable in food manufacturing or consumer goods industry.
- Good Management & Leadership Skills
- Must have good computer skills
4) Draftsman- Nestle Waters Abaji Factory
Responsible for the production of various project drawings among which are factory and plant layouts. Assisting in updating records of project related documents among others.
- Read and interprets drawings for construction purposes.
- Drawing and design of mechanical & electrical parts.
- Liaising with external contractors (architects & structural engineers) in relation to project drawings.
- Ensuring conformity of drawings to hygienic engineering & design principles.
- Drawing of industrial services (piping & instrumentation diagram).
- Conversion & amendment of old version drawings to electronic form.
- Implementation of component drawings / layouts as directed by supervisor.
- Keeping of drawing files in a safe custody and ensuring regular backup on external storage device.
- Keeping proper inventory of drawing numbers and drawing revisions.
- Carries out any other assignment as directed by supervisor.
- B.Sc. degree or HND in Civil Engineering, Building, Architecture etc.
- 1-2 Years Technical experience in drawing and design of mechanical and electrical parts.
- Must have excellent skills in the use of AutoCAD and other related tools
- Good Computer skills- MS Word, Ms Excel, Ms Power Point
- Good Planning and Organization Skills
- Must have good technical Reporting Skills
5) FIELD SALES MANAGER- NESTLé WATERS
Responsible for the planning, selling and merchandising of Nestlé products in all relevant outlets in order to achieve approved sales, profit and volume objectives in the assigned territory. To ensure Availability, Visibility and Accessibility of all Nestlé products in all relevant outlets in the assigned Sales Area through distributor salesmen
• Enforce the Nestle Leadership Principles and Business Ethics
• Pre-sell to High Volume Outlets ( wholesalers, big supermarkets and pharmacy) and ensure that stocks are delivered by distributor delivery man within 24 hours
• Submit weekly/monthly activity report to Regional Sales Manager
• Establish coverage plan for distributor in assigned territory
• Ensure distributor operates within the assigned territory and sell at recommended prices
• Proper route planning for the distributor sales forces
• Ensure Route plan and call frequency are strictly adhered to
• Regular updates of relevant outlets as captured by distributor salesmen
• Agree on Daily/weekly/monthly sales targets with the distributor sales forces and monitored
• Ensure distributors salesmen use/submit working documents on or before due dates.
• Communicate cycle objectives and merchandising priorities to all operational Field Sales Force promptly.
• Manage the relationships between retailers and wholesalers with Nestle and distributor
• Responsible for the selection/recruitment of Distributor Salesmen
• Use of merchandising tools to maximise sales.
• Effective Distribution of POS Material
- B.Sc degree or HND in any discipline (Minimum of Second Class Lower or HND Lower Credit)
- Must have 2 -3 years’ experience in Field Sales Management in a Fast Moving consumer Goods (FMCG) environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Possession of a Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive long distances (Interstate)
- Good Computer skills- Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. Power Point.
- Good Planning and Organization Skills.
- Good Supervisory & Leadership Skills.
- Excellent ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision.
- Strong Drive and Passion for business results.
How to Apply for the above positions;
Applicants should log on to this website using this link: www.dragnetnigeria.com/nnplc
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: November 20, 2012
Nestlé Nigeria Plc. upholds the principle of Non- Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunities in its recruitment processes.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Nestle FoodsSimilar Jobs
- Engineering Job Opportunity at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Fresh Vacancy at Perfetti Van Melle
- Job Opportunities at the Fareast Mercantile Company Limited
- Sales Executives at Skiddo Foods Limited
- Job Opening at Dogan's Sugar Limited
- Commercial Manager at the Coca-Cola Company
- Export Logistics Officers at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited (Lantern Books)
- Jobs at Denna Rossi Limited