Job at Blueprint Business Technologies
Posted on: 27 June, 2016
Deadline: 22 July, 2016
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Blueprint Business Technologies
Blueprint Business Technologies is a full spectrum ICT solution company, headquartered in Lagos, but with growing interest across the West African market. BBT is the flagship company of the Blueprint Technology Group, one of the fastest growing Nigerian ICT Company.
- BBT, the leading integrator, is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer for projects implementation and provide support related to our current & future servers and storage infrastructure clients.
- The Infrastructure Engineer will collaborate as part of a team responsible for design, build and maintenance support of our Enterprise customers. The role designs and implements the physical infrastructure, system operations and management, support methods and procedures for BBT customers.
- Duties include configuration, design and implementation of server, network, storage and converged infrastructure solutions (Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, EMC, IBM, DEL, VMware, NetApp, etc.), problem diagnosis and resolution, new service evaluation and design, testing and analysis of server and storage performance and capacity planning.
- This position is ideal for an Infrastructure Engineer who demonstrates an attitude toward successfully completing projects and accomplishing goals on time. BBT seeks those who are customer facing focused, demonstrate excellent written & verbal communication, and able to collaborate with multiple teams (Operations, Development, QA, Business Representatives).
- As an Infrastructure Engineer, the team member will participate comfortably with minimal supervision, take ownership, and follow issues through to completion in order to contribute to the growth and financial success of the organization.
- Installs, configures, monitors, and maintains data centre and infrastructure design, physical hardware, server installations, clustering configurations, virtualization infrastructure.
- Provide systems and storage installation, tuning, backup, DR and support across production and pre-production environments in multiple physical locations
- Implement and maintain tools and processes for automating system administration, management, alerting, and monitoring to obtain complete and proactive view of systems and storage infrastructure.
- Maintenance of servers and storage infrastructure of our clients,
- Project work will include the planning and execution of server installations and migrations and the development and testing of disaster recovery capabilities
- Tuning, performance management and capacity planning for systems and server infrastructure.
- Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and OEMs to ensure that services received meet expected requirements of contract.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on Enterprise Server, Storage and converged infrastructure integration,
- Strong experience designing and maintaining server infrastructure in a large, distributed environment which cross multiple system platform
- Hands-on experience with VMware ESX, Hyper-V, Citrix Xen App or other virtualization technologies
- Solid knowledge of hardware platforms and configurations (HP, IBM, NetApp, Cisco, EMC, VCE) including physical installations
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, ICA, SMB , AD
- Windows Server - Installation, administration, troubleshooting, IIS configuration
- Experience with system patching technologies and methods, anti-virus, and security controls
- Strong analytical skills are essential to discovering system requirements and ensuring that the system meets the client’s operational needs.
- SAN/NAS Configuration, Installation and Maintenance, EMC, IBM, NetAPP etc
- Strong Windows networking and troubleshooting skills
- Available and willing to respond to emergencies or cover on call responsibilities as needed
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Certifications from Microsoft, VMware or Cisco will be an added advantage.
- Additional experience working with UNIX and it’s flavors especially, AIX will be desired,
- Additional experience working with Linux and open source platforms a plus
- Familiarity with enterprise-class backup systems, EMC’s Networker, CommVault etc will be a plus.
- Strong investigation and problem-solving skills, takes responsibility, deals well with ill-defined problems
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously, works under deadlines and subject to heavy project load,
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Good organizational skills.
- Has the ability to acquire new skills quickly, and thrive in a collaborative team environment
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their Application and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Blueprint Business TechnologiesSimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunity at QuintilesIMS
- Ongoing Technology Recruitment at 25th & Staffing
- Partner Business Manager at Hewlett Packard (HP)
- Career Opportunity at Ecolab
- Career Opportunities at Human Edge Limited
- Job Openings at Dream Mesh
- Technical Manager at UNITeS Cisco Networking Academy
- Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria