Malaria Consortium is one of the world's leading non-profit organizations which is dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria consortium(MC) works with communities, Government and non-Governmental agencies, academic institutions, local and international organizations to ensure good evidence support delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision making and strategic planning.
Malaria Consortium has recently become a sub-recipient for the integrated Community Case Management (iCCM) component of the New Funding Model (NFM) grant dedicated to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. Malaria Consortium is also the implementing partner for the UNITAID funded project titled Achieving Catalytic Expansion of SMC in the Sahel to Save Lives (ACCESS-SMC) in Nigeria. Both projects are seeking to recruit competent staff to fill the following vacancies;
The project seeks to employ an Operations Officer, who will be responsible for providing Technical support to the operations in the state offices for efficient Programme implementation. The officer will among others things ensure technical quality around MDA commodities including supply chain management.
Additional responsibilities will include;
- Support the state coordinator by providing input into state work plans, micro plans, budgeting, scheduling and coordination of state level activities;
- Monitor and report on project performance framework and indicators including SMC commodity distribution, training, and data management;
- Provide support to Pharmacovigilance activities, working with state PV coordinator in keeping track of all adverse reaction and reporting.;
- Manage and record distribution of SMC drugs and other commodities to LGAs and wards;
- Develop a commodities distribution plan, which will include supervision, quality control, evaluation and reporting;
- Support state level Monitoring and Evaluation activities, including surveys;
- Candidates must have a degree in medicine, pharmacy, public health or a related field with a minimum of 5 years' experience in public health programs.
- A masters degree in public health will be an advantage.
- S/he must have demonstrable experience working with Mass Drug Administration and campaigns as well as experience in logistics management.
- S/he must also have experience in the design and implementation of health related project assessment, monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of health system structure within the Nigerian context would be an advantage.
go to method of application »
The project seeks to employ a Service Delivery Officer who will work with the State Coordinator and project team to provide technical support in the direct implementation of projects for GF, NFM and iCCM activities. The SDO will focus on identifying, training, and supervision of health facilities and community health workers in the state of assignment.
S/he will also ensure an effective and efficient supply chain mechanism for iCCM commodities.
Additional responsibilities will include;
- Take the lead in coordinating, supervising and reporting all procurement, logistics and supply chain activities as well as ensuring compliance with the projects implementation plans;
- Support continuous improvement processes including training and supervisory activities on CORPs and health facility and community volunteers;
- Work closely with demand creation officers to map, profile and identify catchment areas, health facilities, and local government areas for the implementation of iCCM activities;
- Preparation and dissemination of activity reports, learning documents and quarterly lessons to the state coordinator;
- Contribute to the project planning phase and exit strategy and ensure accurate capture relevant project activities, promote sustainability and smooth transitioning of the project to the government;
- Ensure all roll out and project service delivery activities meet international standards of quality;
- Candidates must have a medical degree or a degree in pharmacy, public health or a related field with 3-5 years' experience in public health programs.
- A master's degree in public health or epidemiology will be an advantage.
- S/he must have demonstrable experience working with medical supplies procurement and supply chain and logistics management.
- Knowledge of public health principles, control of malaria, pneumonia, diarrhoea and health system structure within the Nigerian context would be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit a copy of their recent CV using the name of the position as the subject of the email to email@example.com.
All applications must be submitted latest Friday 1st July, 2016. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.