Hamilton Lloyd and Associates is a young and innovative boutique human resources firm, which is focused on offering personalized services to organizations across a diverse range of sectors. The Hamilton Lloyd process involves a deep understanding of the client’s organizational culture, strategic objectives and needs to ensure that a tailor-made solution is proffered.
- The Warehouse and Logistics Manager is responsible for the direct management and handling of all warehousing and distribution functions at the company’s warehouse facilities. This includes accountability for inbound and outbound freight, as well as adherence to legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures.
- The Warehouse Manager will also provide effective logistics oversight through strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Manage the receiving, shipping, handling, distribution, and storage of all freight, product and supplies that come in and out of the warehouses.
- Maintain standard receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing personnel and operational policies and procedures.
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation of all products/goods in the CKD and finished goods warehouse.
- Responsible for managing third party logistics providers.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Ensure all production orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels of supplies/products, identify discrepancies if any and take necessary action.
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss/theft or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs;
- use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle;
- use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements;
- allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs;
- liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers;
- develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions;
- continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures
Key Skills & Competencies Requirements
- Strong business acumen and excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced Microsoft excel and office skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Understanding of ERP systems and its integration with respect to supply/demand functions.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Behavioural Attributes:
- Results oriented
- Creativity & Innovation
- Cultural awareness
Key Performance Areas
- % decrease in logistics/shipping cost (quarterly/annually).
- Optimal storage cost per item and inventory storage per square foot.
- Utilization efficiency levels of space, labour and equipments.
- Fulfillment – timely order fulfillment, percentage of order fulfillment vs non-fulfillment, accuracy of order fulfillment.
- Minimum of B.Sc. or equivalent in Business Administration or any other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a manufacturing, warehousing, supply chain management environment/role out of which 5 must have been at managerial level.
go to method of application »
The primary focus of this role is follow up on all contractual agreements, whilst also building and maintaining relationships with current and prospective clients. The individual will need to be able to organise internal resources, and manage their own action list appropriately to deliver best value to the business.
- Identify collocation and new build opportunities by finding prospects and evaluating their position in the industry.
- Researching and analysing sales options.
- Work with the finance department for billing the client.
- Sell tower slots by establishing contact, and developing relationships with prospects and recommending solutions.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance. Researching and recommending new opportunities, and recommending profit and service improvements.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information.
- Maintain a quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal and professional networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Monitor contracts pricing variation and apply it when necessary
- Responsible for significant, Institute-wide projects, typically with large budgets and sizeable staff, focused on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors, stakeholders etc.
- Would not necessarily have strategic or operational responsibilities.
- Spends majority of time on project management responsibilities.
- Leads the design, testing, planning, and implementation of complex projects for systems that typically affect many users.
- Strong presentation skills and experience in building client relationships.
- Should have experience within emerging markets.
- First class interpersonal and communication skills with advance problem solving and influencing ability at any level.
- Drive for results, accustomed to working with budgets and targets.
- Cultural sensitivity, ability to relate to and connect with the local network of businesses, groups, suppliers, professional bodies, related institutions and channels.
- Strong business ethics and integrity.
- Candidate should have background in a commercial, technical, or engineering related university.
- Minimum 10 years of increasingly responsible experience, with at least five years of managing increasingly complex projects in a technical environment.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands.
- Known for effective leadership of staff.
- Passion for client satisfaction.
go to method of application »
The Management Accountant shall assist senior management in making critical business decisions by analyzing and presenting key financial data. He will be responsible for overseeing accounting procedures and preparing forecasts, budgets and risk analysis.
- Ascertaining cost of production of every unit, job, product, operation, process, department or service and develop costing systems.
- Indicate to the management any inefficiencies, and the extent of various forms of waste, whether of materials, time, expenses or in the use of machinery, equipment and tools and recommend remedial action.
- Provide information on profitable and unprofitable activities so that steps can be taken to eliminate or reduce those from which little or no profit is obtained.
- Record and report to management actual costs compare with standard costs and possible causes of differences (variances) between them.
- Participate in the product pricing determination.
- Supply suitable cost data for managerial decision-making as regards expansion and contraction of activities, making or buying of components, determining the break-even point, dropping a product line, selecting the optimal sales-mix, shutting down of existing operations.
- Advise management on the tax implication of personal income tax and recommend strategies to minimize tax liabilities while operating within the ambit of tax laws.
- Present financial information and analysis to help senior management make better business decisions.
- Explain the financial aspects of investments, operations and other projects to non-financial managers.
- Direct basic accounting procedures such as preparing balance sheets or income statements.
- Analyse key financial data to evaluate the company’s performance.
- Make forecasts to assist business planning and anticipate trends and changes.
- Prepare budgets and monitor costs and expenditure.
- Set up and oversee financial systems and procedures (bookkeeping, internal control etc.
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or similar field relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CGMA) will be preferred.
- 7-10 years’ experience will be required for this role.
- Proven experience as management accountant or similar role.
- Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles, laws and practices.
- Excellent knowledge or risk analysis, budgeting and forecasting.
- Working knowledge of financial software (e.g. Quickbooks, Sage) and MS Office.
- Analytical mind with aptitude in math.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
go to method of application »
- The Internal Auditor shall provide a full range of financial, compliance, and operational audits, business advisory and consultation services, investigations, internal control structures, accountability, and use of resources.
- Evaluate and examine policies and procedures and systems in place at the company to protect assets of the Board and the system.
- Evaluate the reliability and integrity of information and the efficient and effective use of resources at the company.
- Review compliance with policies, procedures and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Report results and make recommendations to management of the company, the CEO and the Board.
- Follow up on the progress of implementation of recommendations and directions to the CEO and the Board as a result of the reports.
- Cost benefits analysis.
- Investigation of financial inconsistencies.
- Participate in process and internal control improvement initiatives. Assist the Board carry out their fiduciary responsibilities.
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s system of internal controls and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Review the means of safeguarding assets and verify the existence of such assets.
- Review operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
- Provide consulting advice to management when requested.
- Ensure compliance with the company policies and procedures
- Lead and advise on the overall company’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure the effective allocation and utilization of company’s resources
Manage performance of direct reports:
- Assign, monitor and coordinate work.
- Provide technical, procedural and policy guidance.
- Evaluate performance of direct reports.
- A Degree in Accounting or any other relevant courses.
- 8 years relevant working experience.
- A professional membership in any of the following associations: CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants), ACA (Association of Chartered Accountants) , ACCA (Certified Chartered Accountant) , CIPFA (Public Finance Accountant) ,IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors).
go to method of application »
- To plan, recruit, train, motivate, discipline and retain high calibre employees for the purpose of contributing to the achievement of the company's goals.
- Articulate, develop and Implement overall HR strategy, policies and procedures in line with corporate strategies and objectives.
- Initiate and co-ordinate recruitment, selection, induction/placement, appraisal and advancement of high calibre employees to meet the current and future manpower requirements of the company.
- Evaluate company culture and provide recommendations on changes to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- Create company training and organizational development plan to meet personal, professional, and organizational needs of company employees.
- Plan, organize, direct and control or coordinate the personnel or labor relations activities of an organization.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation and induction process to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labour relations, and employee relations.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Management of annual leave roster, post probation confirmations, data base management, and health, safety and environment services at the branch.
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Attend to employees grievances and complaints, provide guidance if necessary.
- Administer and explain benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A good university degree in Humanities, Social Sciences or Law.
- Relevant professional membership.
- At least 10 years post qualification cognate experience, at least 3 of which must be in management position.
- Experience in a unionised work environment will be neccessary for this role.
- Sound working knowledge of labour laws, human resources management etc.
- Strong knowledge of Corporate Services practices and principles;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Human Resource Management practices and principles
go to method of application »
The Factory Manager shall drive continuous improvement and optimisation of all processes. He/ she shall oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. The successful candidate will have the key skills to develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
- Plan, organise, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed expectations of Management.
- Engineering drawings and data interpretation
- Interpreting and transforming bill of materials, BOM into manufacturing process analysis.
- Possess excellent technical skills, client handling, problem solving, planning, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Verifying design data and reports, hasten client drawings and coordinating the manufacturers to ensure compatibility in design and specifications.
- Supervising manufacturing plan and prepare mechanical data sheet and enquiry for purchase.
- Resolve operational problems within the defined schedules and service level agreements.
- Analyse root causes of operational malfunctions and provide resolutions.
- Handle escalated issues and follow-up on outstanding issues promptly.
- Manage job calendars and flows to ensure timely completion.
- Recommend process improvements to improve operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Evaluate current operational processes and recommend improvements.
- Monitor system operations and troubleshoot problems.
- Assist in budget preparation and resource allocation for support services.
- Manage and monitor job scheduling.
- Contribute to business meetings and report on issue status.
- Develop support plan to prioritize and resolve multiple operations issues.
- Address customer issues promptly and accurately
- Oversee and drive the development of the operational strategies and work programs of the Fabrication, Galvanization, Steel Rolling and Operations Support functions.
- Develop and oversee budgets, plans and programs to ensure optimum utilization of available equipment, space, facility and human resources necessary to attain operational objectives.
- Formulate, develop and implement policies and action plans to attain production targets of the company.
- Critically monitor production results and proffer recommendations on identified issues affecting quality and profitability.
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices in production (Fabrication, Galvanization, and Steel Rolling) and supply chain management and make recommendations to the management team on the imperatives for the company.
- Identify and ensure implementations of process improvement/ redesign and systems upgrade/ implementation efforts and ensure the adequacy and sufficiency of controls to be integrated into the production system/ processes.
- Ensure the establishment and implementation of best practice supply chain management policies and practices
- Minimum of (20) year’s relevant working experience.
- B.Sc degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related field.
- The incumbent will have complete P&L responsibility of the business.
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
go to method of application »
The Electrical Engineers shall be responsible for the installation of equipment used for transmitting wired phone, cellular, cable and broadband data. He/she shall be a part of, or the complete life cycle of, a new or modified electrical product or system – from research and design to development and installation.
- Prepare design criteria documents, calculations, drawings and specifications for electrical systems including power distribution, standby power, lighting, communications, fire alarm, security and various other special systems.
- Develop cost estimates for electrical systems, including performing quantity take-offs.
- Serve as electrical engineer-of-record for design documents and reports covering electrical systems.
- Provide support during construction activities, including going to site.
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical innovations
- Drawing up plans using computer-assisted engineering and design software
- Coordinating technicians and craftspeople
- Testing installations and systems, and analysing data
- Making sure projects meet electrical and construction safety regulations
- Overseeing inspection and maintenance programmes
- Attending meetings, writing reports and giving presentations to managers and clients.
- Preparing and agreeing project specifications, budgets and timescales with clients
- Undertaking relevant research
- Implementing designs
- creating test procedures
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- Writing reports and documentation
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 7 years of relevant experience
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license.
- Proficiency with electrical design software is required.
- Preferred experience to include: electrical design, specifications, cost estimating, construction activity support.
- Must be able to effectively communicate information and ideas both orally and in writing in the English language.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD products is required.
- Excellent mathematics, science, technology and IT skills
- The ability to analyze complex problems and assess possible solutions
- The ability to explain design ideas clearly
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Good budgetary skills
- Excellent team working and people skills
- A comprehensive understanding of electrical health and safety regulations
go to method of application »
The Site Civil Engineer shall offer advice in the planning, co-ordination and supervision of technical projects and other members of staff.
- Act as the primary source of technical advice and quality control on the site
- Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales
- Check plans and drawings to ensure all calculations are accurate.
- To be able to plan all aspects of works i.e. duration of works, traffic management needed, permit requirements
- Perform all aspects of site design associated with engineering telecommunications projects.
- Making sure the work performed and materials used are as specified in the contract.
- Overseeing health & safety and quality control measures on the site.
- Liaising with subcontractors, clients and other professional staff.
Academic and Professional qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Civil/Engineering and professional qualifications
- 4 - 5 years relevant experience
- Commercial awareness – an understanding of how your actions can affect profitability of a project
- Team working
- Technical skills
- Problem solving
- Management skills
Method of Application
Applicants should send CVs to the email attached below each job description.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale