African Sun Amber Residence Limited - We are one of the leading and fastest growing hotel and leisure groups in Africa with business and resort destinations throughout Ghana, Nigeria and Zimbabwe.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Observes and patrols pool and enforces safety regulations.
- Assists swimmers from water when in danger.
- Provide excellent service consistent with the hotels standards operating procedures and brand attributes.
- Greet all guests upon arrival, distribute towels, offer assistance with seating, and delivering consistent guest service, exceeding guest expectations, and providing all other supporting services..
- Pool side Bar hours of operation, location of facilities, and emergency procedure for rescue.
- Knowledgeable of hotel facilities and services to answer guest inquiries.
- Identify and report defects throughout the pool and spa area, notify supervisors and concerned departments immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affect the operations.
- Ensure the pool deck is swept and watered down and that all furniture is in the correct place, when setting up in the morning.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of resuscitation, first aide, and CPR/PR techniques.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions sufficient to be able to establish a safe work environment for self and others.
- Knowledge of swimming pool equipment sufficient to be able to perform minor maintenance work on the equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of pool deck and facilities including straightening and stacking chairs, collecting soiled towels and trash, moving chairs, towels, replacing flags, and cleaning signs.
- Facilitate and maintain consistent pool safety programs, training, and documentation to ensure the overall safety of guests in the pool area.
- Work closely with other departments that are essential to ensuring a positive guest experience.
- Properly utilize performance feedback, recognition, training, and adherence to company policies, legal requirements.
- Be available to set up any user on any piece of equipment or weight machine and properly provide spots to users
- Keep the fitness floor clean and make sure all weights are in their proper place
- Assist supervisors in making sure weight benches and machines remain in the proper location
- Clean equipment according to the assigned zone area
- Aid the Shift Supervisor when checking in group exercise classes during peak times
- Enforce all building policies and procedures, such as no bags on the floor and proper dress code for all users
- Execute emergency procedures when necessary
- Report any incident of injury, theft, or broken equipment to the Supervisor on duty
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and trainings
- Communicate effectively with and complete tasks assigned by the Building Manager/ Supervisor on duty
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Must have good understanding of the English language. CPR and First Aide Certified is an added advantage. Excellent customer service skills. Ready to work varied shifts during Weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Maintain a clean and safe workout environment
- Team oriented ideals, willingness to work hard, and a desire to learn
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Previous experience working as a Pool Guest Attendant/body fitness or Lifeguard in star hotels
Method of Application
Applicants with the above requisite should forward their Resumes and Application letter to either of the following addresses:
Human Resources Department,
African Sun Amber Residence Limited,
16 Esugbayi Street,
Or E-mail their resumes, Passport and Application letter to: email@example.com