SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
- This position is responsible for P&L budgeting, forecasting of plant expenses and related absorption and capacity analysis.
- Perform thorough diagnostics and monitoring to assist Nigeria Plant Manufacturing in determining where to apply resources, as well as identifying opportunities to eliminate all forms of waste.
- Provide financial leadership to all plant projects such as: Lean Manufacturing, capacity planning, crew utilization, capital investments, staffing analysis, etc.
- Deliver Budgets: Manage expenses including developing and tracking progress against budgets, writing monthly commentaries on plant financial performance. Recommend actions to meet budget and identify opportunities to make optimal use of plant resources.
- Provide accurate monthly P&L projections (including absorption, functional expenses, material variances, and efficiency variances) linked to the S&OP process. Highlight risks & opportunities with regards to future plant performance.
- Key business partner with the cross-functional plant leadership team (Plant Manager / Quality / Lean / SHE Leads). Influence the team to take decisions which will result in strong plant financial performance. Highlight and quantify financial opportunities (e.g. related to sub-optimal allocation of resources / sources of waste), prepare recommendations for improvement and drive to have the recommendations implemented.
- Manage fixed assets and capital funds including reviewing business cases for capital spending and facilitating capital planning meetings. Ensure local investment proposals are authorized through MEAs which meet global best practices.
- Utilize the Global Cost Savings System to track cost savings projects and project impact to COS as they relate to manufacturing.
- Provide timely, relevant, and actionable reporting of key performance measures.
- College degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills.
- Experienced in analysing business problems, recommending and implementing solutions, and achieving positive results.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Strong accounting skills.
- Self-starter mentality & tolerance to ambiguity.
- Excellent computer skills required, including Excel, PowerPoint and experience in SAP R/3 as well as SAP BPC.
- You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application
Method of Application
To apply, visit SC Johnson Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.