Adexen is a global Human Ressources Company providing business services in Europe and Africa. We support companies in all industries in the fields of HR, Legal, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Engineering and Supply chain. We know how important people are to business. We also think that "People are the future of Africa"
Our client is a West African Indigenous Oil and Gas services company with major focused on Delivering Major Oil and Gas EPC, Fabrication & Construction Projects, Marine Services including shipbuilding and repair, Support Based Services and Training & Development Services.
- Interface with clients, superintendents, class surveyors and owners agents as required for projects.
- Ensure that updated docking plans are maintained for all vessels (electronic and hard copy) and all new enquiries are verified against this list / updated as appropriate. Obtain copies of docking plans for all new vessels if required.
- Prepare blocks as per docking plans and ensure that vessel is in docking condition prior to docking and undocking and check tank contents – if not satisfied then direct the owners to place vessel in the correct condition.
- Dock / undock the vessels carefully and correctly so that no damage is caused to vessels or to the docks either. Maintain control over the tugs when vessel entering or leaving dock.
- Amend the blocks as and when required to complete the project with due regard to vessel stability.
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed and work towards improvement of the safety culture. Oversee all HSEQ requirements for project in liason with HSEQ manager.
- Ensure vessel specs are complete including obtaining copies of all technical drawings required.
- Schedule work scope for the yard upon arrival of the vessel and prepare all variation work orders for approval.
- Project production planning / quality control & reports.
- Analyse sub contractors job quotations / quality and compliance with agreed contract.
- Control all materials and consumables required, effective cost controls on the use of all manpower on the vessel and reduce additional costs / excessive overtime.
- Bringing outstanding items / issues to Management notice in a timely manner.
- Meet agreed annual objectives / targets & produce reports.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a shipyard manager or other management level responsibilities in a heavy steel manufacturing environment, Oil & Gas background.
- In depth knowledge of all business functions associated with shipyard management
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases, word processing and PowerPoint,
- A strong client facing background with previous experience of dealing and presenting information to major clients on large projects.
- Ability to apply Continuous Improvement strategies across all functions, which includes the ability to introduce needed change, create excitement for change and lead change initiatives. Must be adaptable and open to new ideas.
- Ability to successfully handle several priorities simultaneously.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Adexen Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale