The Fund for Peace is an independent, nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) non-profit research and educational organization that works to prevent violent conflict and promote sustainable security.
We promote sustainable security through research, training and education, engagement of civil society, building bridges across diverse sectors, and developing innovative technologies and tools for policy makers.
- The Fund for Peace (FFP) seeks a dynamic, motivated, and collaborative intern to join its Abuja based team working on conflict early warning and response with the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Directorates.
- Under the direct supervision of the Early Warning Advisor (EWA), the intern will be expected to provide programmatic and administrative support to the USAID funded “REWARD” project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform program management and administrative functions as required, including attending various project stakeholders’ meetings and minutes taking
- Draft email and communication material
- Assist with the preparation and production of reports (Weekly and Monthly)
- Assist in the coordination of outreach activities
- Assist in organizing and coordinating events and activities in close consultation with EWA
- Provide logistical support to the overall REWARD team during in-country and field visits
- Assist in conducting campaigns and events for the REWARD project
Qualifications and Experience
- Master Degree [or pursuing final year] in the field of Peace Studies, Communications, Public Relations, International Affairs, Political Science or equivalent.
- Relevant working experience in the field of peacebuilding, early warning and response, program management, public administration, public relations and communications preferable
- The ideal candidate must be based in Abuja and possess excellent diplomatic and communication skills.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent representation and communication skills (oral and written), including cross-cultural skills, media skills, and the ability to deal with counterparts at all political, social and economic levels.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with staff from different nationalities and cultural background
- Excellent research skills
- Familiarity with ECOWAS mandate, politics and cross-cutting issues
- Ability to think outside the box and pay attention to details
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to speak and write French is an advantage.
A stipend is provided to cover travel expenses.
Method of Application
Applicants should please submit a complete application package consisting of their Cover letter, Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are unable to provide feedback on individual applications
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.