KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory Services. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential.
Our client in the banking industry is currently seeking to hire creative and innovative individuals to fill the role of:
Ref #: HHR-069
Industry / Sector: Banking
- The successful candidates will have overall responsibility to formulate and facilitate implementation of strategies and plans focused on hiring, developing, motivating and retaining the best talent within the Bank.
Detailed Job Description
- Oversee the planning and forecasting of the Bank’s workforce requirement, including tracking and monitoring of the organisation structure and manning levels;
- Champion the formulation and ensure effective implementation of strategies and plans to identify, select and hire the best talent to meet the manpower needs of the Bank;
- Facilitate the design and implementation of strategies and policies aimed at proactively planning and managing the careers of the Bank’s workforce to ensure proper balance between personal and organisational goals;
- Oversee implementation of the Bank’s performance management system to ensure it is objective, equitable, transparent and merit-driven
- Coordinate the Human Resource Department activities and conduct periodic meetings to define goals/targets and agree work plans, consistent with the overall corporate targets;
- Coordinate the preparation and effective monitoring of the Human Resource budget (including the Bank’s compensation and training budgets), ensuring cost-justified execution of all human capital activities;
- Act as a change agent on major project initiatives by the Bank by facilitating and ensuring proper planning and execution of programs to address the human side of change;
- Provide executive management with key human capital information operational to facilitate informed strategic decision making and control;
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- First degree or its equivalent.
- A higher degree (MBA, Masters in relevant field), relevant professional certifications may be an added advantage
- Minimum of twelve (12) – fifteen (15) years’ experience in Human Resources Management /Development, of which at least two (2) must have been at a supervisory/managerial cadre.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience of HR strategy articulation, implementation and HR operations.
- Ability to think strategically, innovatively and creatively to appreciate the systematic impact of various policies, practices, issues and solutions on HR
- Good understanding of the Nigerian banking, socio cultural, economic and demographic patterns and implications for HR management
- Advanced knowledge of Nigerian labour and employment legislation
- Excellent communication, report writing, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- Strong leadership, culture building and people management skills.
- Integrity, ethical standards and values.
- High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability.
go to method of application »
Our client is one of the leading Pensions Organisations in the Nigerian pension industry and its Head Quarters is in Lagos, Nigeria. The company’s business model is focused on building a sustainable business in the pension industry whilst simultaneously creating long term-value for its shareholders.
The company also provides a cordial and challenging work environment for professional development and growth, with a strong emphasis on operational excellence and a high-performance culture for its employees.
Our client, seeks to recruit candidates to oversee business operations and technology in the organisation in the capacity below:
Ref #: CL45
Industry / Sector: Pensions Administration/Custodian
Detailed Job Description
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the COO will be responsible for directing and coordinating the operational activities covering collections, settlements and payments, client management and corporate actions.
- The individual will also be responsible for ensuring optimal delivery of technology services for the organisation.
- Provide overall leadership to the operations and technology departments by establishing goals, objectives and plans that support the company's objectives.
- Ensure an efficient operations management workflow system.
- Periodically identify, customize and adopt best practice approaches and techniques to strengthen the company's operations.
- Coordinate and ensure seamless operational activities in line with available resources - human, material and financial to achieve the Company's overall objectives.
- Develop and institute strong integrity, high ethical standards as well as establish a goal/result oriented, performance driven and disciplined culture.
- Prepare and submit periodic management reports on the activities of the division for Board and management decision-making.
- Develop and implement systems and processes designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organisation.
- Act on behalf of and perform any other duties that may be assigned by the MD/CEO or the Board.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good first degree or its equivalent from a reputable university.
- A Masters / MBA or any other relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of eighteen (18) years' cognate experience, of which at least twelve (12) years must have been in the financial services sector (preferably pension or asset management) and five years in a senior management position.
- Must have experience in operations management and working knowledge of information technology.
- Knowledge of capital markets and money market instruments.
- High level of integrity, ethical standards and values.
- Strong leadership and management skills and ability to manage and work with people of diverse background and interest.
- Stature and visibility in the pension business network.
Method of Application
To apply, visit KPMG Career Page