The UN High Commissioner for Refugees Representation Office in Nigeria invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Protection Internship.
Based in UNHCR Nigeria's Abuja office, this internship offers a unique opportunity to gain experience in supporting the coordination of the protection response in the context of the humanitarian emergency situation in Nigeria. It will provide insight and experience into the Protection Sector Working Group’s (PSWG) coordination approach and in the implementation of priority areas of protection interventions. **
· University degree in law, international (humanitarian law), human rights or similar fields
· Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical abilities and research skills
· Excellent inter-personal skills and interest to work particularly with NGOs
· Strong attention to detail, proactive approach, ability to work quickly under pressure and juggle multiple tasks
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and basic administrative skills
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Understanding of humanitarian emergency response and cluster system
· Experience working with internally displaced persons and in international law/humanitarian aid/human rights disciplines
· Excellent information management skills
Interns are not financially remunerated by UNHCR. Costs and arrangements for travel including travel arrangements to and from the location where the internship will be carried out, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibilities of interns or their sponsoring institutions.
The selected intern will be expected to begin on 1 August 2016 and be available full time for 6 months.
Interested international applicants should please email their CV, motivation letter and P11 form to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Protection Internship Application” in the subject line of the email.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged. Closing date for applications is 29th June 2016. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.