Mercy Corps Nigeria’s humanitarian program aims to provide assistance to populations affected by the crisis in Northeast Nigeria. With funding from humanitarian donors including OFDA, FFP, EU, and ECHO the humanitarian programs engage in several interventions including but not limited to food assistance, non-food items (NFI), protection, livelihoods, cash transfers, WASH and capacity building of humanitarian response actors. Mercy Corps is scaling-up and expanding its humanitarian response in Northeast Nigeria to reach more beneficiaries with additional assistance in a wider geographic area.
General Position Summary
- The ICT Intern will be based in Abuja and will work under the direct supervision of the ICT Systems Administrator to support operations process of MC Nigeria.
- The successful candidate will undertake ICT systems administration duties working in close collaborations with other operations team members as well as Programs.
At the end of the internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and troubleshoot computer network systems.
- Learn to work and support program teams
- Learn to manage and troubleshoot a wireless network
- Understand Mercy Corps processes
- Interface with vendors on goods and service deliveries.
- Attend to minor computer/network connectivity issues.
- Register and update the Asset register regularly.
- Update the computer maintenance log book as needed.
- Make purchase enquiries and assist in procuring ICT equipment.
- Prepare Payment requests.
- Conduct self in a professional manner
- Other duties as may be assigned
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- A B.Sc or HND Information and Communication Technology related field is essential
- A demonstrated ability to setup and manage a computer network system
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair basic computer issues
- Ability to use the following Microsoft Productivity tools: Excel, and Word
- Fluency in English Language
go to method of application »
General Position Summary
- Reporting to the Team Leader, the Electronic Platform & Vendor Relations Program Officer will be responsible for leading processes that enable electronic voucher (e-voucher) and cash disbursement, monitoring and reconciliation processes with vendors and other service providers.
- S/he will manage relationships with the technology service provider, train vendors and beneficiaries, and provide technical support on hardware and e-card issues.
- The Program Officer will work collaboratively with program sector leads and finance team members.
Essential Job Functions
- With input from the Team Leader, oversee the start-up or rollout of e-voucher and cash transfer systems.
- Draft context specific training materials for beneficiaries and vendors.
- In collaboration with the Operations and Finance teams, oversee the management of hardware (smartphones and wireless printers) and e-cards.
- Manage the relationship with the e-voucher Service Provider, communicating issues and questions in a clear manner.
- Request and monitor technical upgrades and development of e-voucher platform as required or desired to serve program needs.
- Work with Finance and Compliance to ensure the e-voucher platform meets Mercy Corps’ compliance and logistics rules and data privacy policies.
- Work closely with, and coordinate day-to-day activities with, field teams and other relevant staff at Mercy Corps.
- Report on any problems encountered in the field such as project participant or vendor complaints (in collaboration with the MEL team).
- Work with program and MEL teams to maintain all documentation relating directly to cash transfer activities required to ensure accountability.
- Support on administrative matters relating directly to cash transfer activities including reconciliation with cash-out agents following distributions.
- Adhere to all MC policies and procedures;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- BA/S in relevant field required; MA/MS/MBA or equivalent preferred.
- 3 years of experience working on the development, implementation, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; general program management experience required.
- Prior experience implementing distributions is required, preferably in a non-camp setting. Experience with cash transfer and e-voucher programs strongly preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
- Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation and other learning efforts required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices.
- Demonstrated training and facilitation experience.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills.
- Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa is required.
- The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude. Ideally s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts.
- S/he is a problem solver, who is adept in successfully dealing with issues of complexity.
- S/he is an active listener and contributor, working to create a strong team share ideas and learn.
Method of Application
Applicants are encouraged to submit their CV's and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.