Michael Stevens Consulting is an international Human Resource Development & Management Consulting practice firm, with offices in Lagos, Port-Harcourt and Calabar, as well as in Accra, Ghana. Plans are at advanced stage to open subsidiaries in The Gambia, Sierra-Loan and Liberia.
Our client a leading Oil and Gas Company is seeking a Public Relations/Community Relations Officer to nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
- Develop a corporate communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with host community leaders and ensure peaceful relations
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Proven working experience in public relations required. Minimumof 5 years oil and gas sector experience preferred
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
Our Client a major Construction Company requires for immediate employment a Weighbridge Operator for its quarry operations:
- Direct traffic coming onto site and operate weighbridge, recording all vehicles entering/leaving the site.
- Record weights by vehicle, completing appropriate documentation and collect driver signatures, etc for accounting purpose; update system accordingly.
- Maintain the weighbridge and general area of the weighbridge including the office in a clean, tidy and hazard free condition.
- Carry out routine maintenance checks on weighbridge
- Assist with general administrative duties answering the telephone and directing calls as appropriate.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Complete any other reasonable tasks or requests as required.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a weigh bridge operator
- OND/HND Engineering preferred
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.