Vacancies at Alexander Nelson
Posted on: 21 June, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Alexander Nelson
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
We are a human resources firm dedicated to helping our clients find, grow and retain the best talent in the global marketplace. We challenge ourselves everyday to go beyond our client's expectations in providing them with world class consulting and human capital development services.
This position entails the provision of support to the Company Secretary of the Organization. Work requires a high level of discretion and often requires the use and handling of confidential information.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Rendering the necessary assistance to the Company Secretary with regards to all tasks that pertain to the legal desk including but not limited to the following:
- To attend meetings of the company and of the Board of Directors and render all company secretarial services in respect of such meetings,
- To capture tasks assigned at meetings and notify relevant officers of same
- Following up on tasks assigned during meetings attended until such tasks /directives come to closure.
- To act as a conscience seeker of the company, monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action,
- To ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, statues and regulations,
- To ensure proper drafting and review of contractual agreements between the organization and other third parties,
- To play the role of a liaison officer between the company, external regulators and advisers with regards to legal and compliance matters,
- To maintain the company’s statutory register,
- To ensure proper use of the company seal,
- To carry out general legal research with regards to the company’s day to day transactions,
- Overall management of legal documentation,
- To watch brief for the organization in any court appearance and to provide the necessary updates in respect thereof,
- To oversee the process of due diligence checks at the lands registry and other necessary statutory regulatory authorities,
- To manage the relationship between the company and its service providers as pertains to the Legal Unit.
- To ensure the Legal Unit maintains a proper filing system,
- Managing compliance within the organization.
- Compiling on a weekly basis, the list of tasks being handled by the Legal Unit for priority and tracking purposes.
- Any other assignments assigned by the Company Secretary from time-to-time
- Basic knowledge in Company secretarial and legal advisory,
- Extensive working knowledge of the internet,
- Proficient in the use of Outlook and MS Office,
- Excellent research and drafting aptitudes,
- Good command of written and spoken English,
- Being adaptable and flexible.
- Having competent knowledge about legal practice,
- Great attention to details,
- Good analytical and organizational skills,
- Discretion when handling confidential information,
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team,
- Ability to equilibrate priorities and organize work effectively to meet deadlines.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- A University degree at minimum, Second Class degree or its equivalent in Law
- Must have been called to the Nigerian Bar; and must possess between 2-3 years experience either in the legal department of a Company or in a law firm.
- Candidate must be a member of the institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, or must be prepared to register with the institute and commence exams within the first 9 months of employment within the Organization.
go to method of application »
ROLE PROFILE – ADMIN EXECUTIVE
- Provide day to day general administrative support to the Group
- Responsible for managing clerical responsibilities such as receiving incoming correspondence and maintaining the central filling system (paper and electronic)
- General word processing.
- Collation and distribution of minutes, reports and other documents.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail and general emails.
- Ordering of equipment, materials and office supplies.
- Drafting of Agenda and minutes of meetings as required.
- Responsible for organising Training and orientation programs for support and logistics staff.
- Assist with payment of overtime allowances.
- Liaising with vendors and suppliers
- Responsible for the delivery, record keeping and management of equipment, materials and office supplies.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Groups building, premises and any equipment located on the property.
- Ensure the planned preventive maintenance schedule for the Group is strictly adhered to.
- Manage the groups’ logistics Staff, company fleet and coordinate pool car requests.
- To provide required and necessary support to the unit Manager in the achievements of the department’s goals and objectives.
- Management of the office petty cash and other related duties e.g. budget management etc.
- Assist the company Accountant in the monthly bank and cash reconciliation and reports.
- Management of files and documents associated with the above stated tasks and duties.
- To undertake any other such duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by your resource manager which shall not be considered inconsistent with a position of this nature.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Alexander Nelson Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Alexander NelsonSimilar Jobs
- Product/Brand Manager (FMCG) at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Psychologist at Protege Management
- Accounts Clerk at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Fresh Vacancies at Fadac Resources
- Junior Digital Designer / Graphic Designer (Photoshop) at Oscar Temple
- Jobs at McTimothy Associates
- Business Development Executives at Intelfort Nigeria Limited
- Expert, Business Plan Development at Aquarian Consult Limited