Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited, est. 1969, is Nigeria's leading Children's book publisher. Its imprint, "Lantern books" is now a household name in Nigeria and West Africa.
Literamed has in its stable over 400 titles of books for Pre-primary, Primary, Secondary and Literature texts for different age ranges, all widely accepted in Nigerian Schools.
- We are seeking a talented Web Developer to join our Marketing & Multimedia team.
- As a member of Lantern Book’s Marketing & Multimedia team, you will be designing and developing a responsive and elegant web experience for our consumers.
- You’ll be writing maintainable, scalable, cross-browser and cross platform (desktop, mobile and other devices) code that is seen by millions of users.
- You’ll be part of a team of marketers, product managers, and designers that collaborates on the conceptualization, design, and implementation of landing and content pages.
- We’re looking for someone who can communicate their thoughts clearly, both in meetings and in their code.
- And you’ll be an advocate for best practices, great usability, and exceptional quality.
- Write maintainable, scalable and cross-browser code
- Maintain design, user experience and brand requirements throughout the development process
- Collaborate with marketing managers to conceptualize, design, and implement new pages
- Advocate for best practices, great usability and exceptional quality
- A curiosity and a passion for creating elegant end user experiences
- Balance of ideation and delivery skills
- Doesn’t take feedback personally
- Creative flair
- Willing to learn new techniques
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Multi-task and meet rigorous deadlines.
- Understanding of layout and typography.
- Extreme attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to influence decision makers
- Strong drive and determination to succeed
Need to Have’s:
- Well-grounded knowledge in building front end web experiences.
- Experience in Cross-Browser / Cross-Platform development
- Solid understanding of CSS3 and HTML5 along with upcoming standards
- Experience with a CSS Preprocessor
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (would be an advantage even though we have inhouse graphic artist)
- Experience with server-side technologies (PHP is first on the list)
- Able to translate wireframes and mockups into code with a good grasp of document structure and semantics
- Good visual design sense and understanding of basic usability concepts
- Solid understanding of cross-browser best practices
- Excellent communication and organization skills (we take this very seriously)
- Version Control (Git / GitHub / CVS / Subversion)
- Experience in Database management (MySQL specifically)
- SEO and Social Media Integration (very key to our marketing strategy – a must have)
- Proper code documentation
- Experienced with building Web API
- Knowledge of data formats (particularly. JSON, XML)
We are only considering applicants that fit the needed requirements above. We look forward to meeting you.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.