RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. Every day, across 60 countries, we work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and strive to find even better ways to give people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes.
We trust people in what they do and we give full accountability and autonomy to make things happen. That’s how we generate the game-changing ideas that built 19 iconic Powerbrands around the world, such as Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish.
About the Brand Manager
This role is responsible driving growth of your assigned brand or group of brands in your market by leading the execution of the brand marketing for a brand in line with country commercial strategy as set by the Area. As a member of the IMEX marketing team, you will be given extensive and diverse responsibilities across the marketing mix and will play a key role in driving the execution of the brand strategy in your market.
- Responsible for the achievement of financial and market share targets for a brand or group of brands in the market.
- Responsible for marketing for a brand or group of brands in the market with responsibility for activation excellence of Area Powerbrand plans.
- Works across functions including Area, PO1 team, supply, sales and finance to develop and execute successful commercial plans in order to deliver financial and share plans and targets
- Manages initiative development and activation of any local brands in the portfolio including development of new products, consumer and shopper communications
- Generates and proposes business development initiatives (BDIs) for the brand(s) based on consumer, shopper and market understanding.
- Supports the Trade marketing team as required in the implementation of the store-format activation plans or optimizing product assortment and promotional strategy.
- Supports the Sales team in creating customer presentations and meeting customer requirements
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to minimum bachelor’s degree level in a commercial subject
- Proven track record in Marketing must be able to demonstrate outstanding marketing skills
- Demonstrated success in P&L management, budget delivery and growth momentum
- Additional functional experience, preferably in Sales and/or Trade Marketing is an advantage
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Words, Excel and Powerpoint
- The business language in RB is English, therefore fluency in this language is essential. Fluency in other languages(s) is advantageous.
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating.
- You’ll demonstrate financial and commercial acumen and understanding of business issues/opportunities
- Strong leadership skills and energetic management style
- Capable of building strong working relationships & influencing and engaging senior management in own and customer organisations
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation
- Must have proven ability to be flexible, multi task and drive key projects in a fast paced, high demand environment
- Tenacious and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Must possess a can-do attitude and take initiative to handle and resolve issues independently and quickly when faced with obstacles
- Strong sense of urgency with ability to drive business critical projects; can work independently under general direction
- Problem solving and decision making skills, with an ability to think outside the box
- Willing to relocate internationally to pursue career opportunities
Method of Application
To apply, visit Reckitt Benckiser Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.