New Job Positions at PwC Nigeria
Posted on: 20 June, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) - Our client is a Government owned public company set up with the specific mandate to operate and maintain high quality standards of major public infrastructure projects and other related services within Lagos environs at an affordable premium in order to improve the lives of residents
The company is geared towards becoming a pioneer in the way public infrastructure is delivered throughout Nigeria in line with the highest possible standards of professionalism and integrity. The pursuit of this ambitions have created a need for dynamic and competent individual to fill the position of:
- The position reports to the Head Information Technology and has primary responsibility for ensuring optimal performance of the enterprise applications/databases and also bespoke application as the business exigencies may demand
- Analyses Application and system performance and ensures that end-users are provided with necessary support.
- Conducts business requirement analysis on existing applications and systems and identifies the need for upgrades or development.
- Maps requirements to existing solutions and identifies gaps; provides management with necessary feedback and recommends solutions to address critical gaps.
- Provides technical support to project team members involved in the development or upgrade of systems
- Optimises application availability and maintenance within project timelines to ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals; fulfills end-user requirements and are in line with IT Policy and end user requirements.
- Participates in the planning of server infrastructure changes/upgrade/maintenance.
- Builds, assesses and configures ad-hoc applications, database schemes to support day-to-day administration of firewalls, Network access control, server operating systems etc.
- Plans and coordinates activities related to the design, development, and implementation of organizational applications
- Keeps abreast of new technology to ensure that any system upgrade or new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications
- Conducts software testing and quality assurance all hardware and other IT devices
- Collaborates with application vendors on optimal service delivery and ensures maintenance of Service Level Agreements between various service providers and the Company
- Identifies issues and ensures timely resolution of application/database related issues on the servers
- Escalates processes in line with agreed policies and procedures
Skills & Competencies:
- The role requires sound grasps of Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server Databases, technical knowledge of server infrastructure and applications.
- The ideal person must have good analytical, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, with good communication skills, diligence, integrity, attention to details, innovative and inquiring capacity are essentials skills for the role.
- Bachelor's degree/HND in Computer/Electrical Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or any other related discipline
- Candidate must be a Certified IT personnel
- Competence in C,C++ and .Net is a plus
- Minimum of 4 years post graduate experience with not less than 2 years practical experience as a java developer.
- 2+ years of experience with J2EE applications(Core Java, EJB, Servlets, JSP, XML, Design patterns and standards).
go to method of application »
- The position reports to the Managing Director (MD) and has primary responsibility for providing strategic, research, technical and operational support to the MD.
- The position is aimed at enhancing the effectiveness and impact of the MD's role in the execution of policies and programmes of the Company.
- Provides professional support to the MD on strategic, operational, secretarial/administrative matters
- Provides input to technical studies/research projects, technical reports, project planning, etc.
- Facilitates the development of corporate and functional business strategies to align with business direction and vision of the company
- Assists the MD in collating and presentation of budgets and monthly returns from departments and other workstations as well as annual financial and other reports
- Prepares and distributes relevant reports or documents to Heads of Departments and other stakeholders; follows up on responses and communicates to the MD as required
- Assesses and recommends various courses of action based on meetings decisions
- Conducts research on various areas as assigned; develops presentations and delivers academic papers to higher institutions on behalf of the MD
- Acts as the contact person for requests for information, requiring knowledge of the leadership and different roles in the organization
- Participates in corporate meetings and acts as a Secretary to ensure proper documentation of minutes of the meetings
- Prepares speeches, routine correspondence and reports on behalf of the MD
- Receives, screens and responds promptly to all incoming mails, in coming/outgoing calls, enquiries and requests while ensuring all correspondence are treated and responded to swiftly
- Maintains effective and comprehensive electronic & paper filing systems to ensure efficient flow of correspondence and documentation
- Organises the MD's meetings, visits, lunches and diaries to ensure effective and productive use of time
- Liaises with the internal customers (i.e. Heads of Departments and other members of staff) and external customers on behalf of the MD
- Coordinates to ensure all visitors to the MDs office are properly attended to
- Works with Admin to provide all travel and protocol arrangements for the MD
Skills & Competencies:
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate excellent oral communication, report writing, interpersonal and office management skills.
- The person must be discreet but decisive, innovative, diligent and pay attention to details. Proficiency in the use of MS-Office applications with good customer service and presentation skills is required.
- Candidate must possess strong financial accounting background, knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methodology and ability to evaluate and interpret financial reports.
- Success in this role also demands high level of confidentiality, honesty, integrity and flexibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Masters and/or MBA in Accounting and/or Finance is required
- Candidate must be a Certified Chartered Accountant
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant post graduate experience with at least three (3) years’ experience as a Technical Assistant to a Senior Management role.
Method of Application
To apply, visit PwC Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Urgent Driving Vacancy at U-Connect Human Resources limited
- Tax Consultant at Ascension Consulting Services
- Project Manager at Doheney Services Ltd
- Jobs at a CA Global
- Job Vacancies at IL Bagno - Human Resources Specialist Limited
- Executive Assistant at Bradfield Consulting
- Sales Vacancies at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Job Opportunities at BP Business Solutions